only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Rem 870 super mag with jelly head .660 maximum, hevi 7s

Started by captin_hook, April 13, 2014, 01:32:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

captin_hook

First is  870 super mag 3.5 in , 2.1/4 oz. #7 at 20 yds

captin_hook

This is 870 supermag 23 in barrel hevi #7 3.5 mag 2 1/4 oz at 40 yds with jellyhead maximum . 660

captin_hook

DirtNap647

learn2hide

:TrainWreck1:   WOW....nice I'd say you're ready to put one to sleep
shoot first, measure spurs later   
Don't miss "The Break" our new outdoor TV show featuring the www.HuntersLink.com team on the Hunt Channel Ch.266 on Dish Network.  All episodes can be seen on Hunt Channel on ROKU and streaming devices and on the website as well...Enjoy and thanks for the support!

Grunt-N-Gobble

BandedSpur

Outstanding. Is that with current production shells? If so, I would say there is no problem.

captin_hook

Nah, I've had these a couple years. First I've shot them.

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase

ILIKEHEVI-13

Quote from: captin_hook on April 13, 2014, 01:55:43 AM
Lemme know what u guys think.

That's why I shoot the 7's.

Who needs Long Beards with patterns like that.

Newtgallapavo

ive been having a lot of trouble making my 870 shoot. I just ordered some hevi #7s to try but would like to hear if u have any advice. I shoot an 870 sps 23". getting poor patterns with about everything ive tried??

captin_hook

For starters, make sure your barrel nut is super tight, tighten by hand then use vice grips ,with rubber on them so u don't damage the cap, a couple more clicks so it doesn't come loose. Make sure your shooting at a large piece of paper or cardboard. Use some cheap , target shells to shoot to make sure you're on. As far as choke and hunting load goes, there's plenty out there. It's all in how much u want to spend. If I didn't already have a bunch of hevi 7s I'd probably be shooting the Winchester longbeards. My factory HD choke that came with the gun did great with hevi 6s 3inch shells. Browse around this sight, you'll see some great combos and patterns that guys here post up. Good luck