OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Citori set up  (Read 20513 times)

gwa

Re: Citori set up
« Reply #30 on: December 29, 2014, 03:27:55 PM »
I started into reloading TSS loads a few days ago
2.75" 8's and 9's
2 oz

39° little wind
Sumtoy .702

236 in the 10"
252 between the 10" and 20"

I am very pleased with this as it stands.....

Thanks for the look.

Denny

Offline SumToy

• Double Beard
    • sumtoycustoms
« Reply #31 on: December 29, 2014, 09:15:36 PM »
Looks good.   :z-winnersmiley:
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

Offline n2deer

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #32 on: January 18, 2015, 10:08:36 PM »
Very nice results. I shoot the same gun. Does really good with the 680 Carlson's extended non ported and TSS. Enjoyed your post.

gwa

« Reply #33 on: January 19, 2015, 03:40:36 PM »
Thanks... I am trying.... LOL

I shot the same load with my Sumtoy .692 but the pattern between the ten and twenty was more uneven with gaps. Pellet count was however within 2 inside the twenty between the two chokes. Still a dead turkey but the .702 was better.

Sumtoy .692

274 in the ten
212 between the ten and twenty

Offline doublemag

« Reply #34 on: May 04, 2015, 04:59:47 PM »
I've killed lots of turkeys with SxS's....

That being said the idea of different choking or what's referred to as upland choking makes no sense to me on a turkey gun.....reason being.

Let's say you have turkey at 40 yards....you shoot him with your so called long barrel and for what ever reason things don't work out.

Now you are left with only your short range barrel as back up and he's probably not going to get any closer.

I believe in equal choking in a two barreled two shot turkey gun...this mixed choking was dreamed up by some outdoor writer with very little field experience.

No different than a single shot

Offline Longshanks

• Longbeard
« Reply #35 on: May 12, 2015, 06:43:49 AM »
My family has been hunting with over and under shotguns since the 60's. We shot the more open barrel first, shooting over decoys, duck hunting and then had the full choke as the birds would get further away. Turkey hunting would be the opposite. Shoot full choke inside 30yds (turkey standing still) and if the turkey ran or flew after a miss you would have the modified.  My dad always taught me to make the first shot count and don't plan on a second shot. If you are shooting 40yds you might as well have the same choke in both barrels. One shot situation.  Even these days the majority of turkey's I harvest are inside 30yds. I set up my gun for the scenarios I encounter the most.  My kids hunt with a 20 guage over and under with a Pure Gold .570 on top and a factory full choke on the bottom. One shot is what we are looking for in the turkey woods. Let the turkey get close and if there is a miss he has the more open full choke for the follow up. As they continue to hunt and get more skilled I will put a PG .555 on the top and move the PG .570 to the bottom. Just one way to set up a gun, not the only way.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2015, 08:51:52 AM by Longshanks »