OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: First Bird Down But No Score  (Read 2387 times)

Offline Bigsho69

First Bird Down But No Score
« on: April 11, 2014, 11:22:14 AM »
Shot a 2 yr old for my first bird.  He would have scored around 60.  When I shot him the landowner showed up and asked me what the meat was like so I breasted him on the spot and gave the meat to the landowner.  He was very happy to say the least.  I will be looking to down one over 70 this weekend. 

Offline Charley B

Re: First Bird Down But No Score
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2014, 12:29:23 PM »
Score is cool, but a great long term relationship with a land owner is priceless!  :icon_thumright:
Congrats on your fine bird!

Offline ky turkey hunter

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2014, 07:25:45 PM »
Nice

Offline Rathunter04

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2014, 10:18:54 AM »
Congrats on the bird! Definately agree with the decision! Ohio starts next week so I'm hoping to contribute here soon! Good luck everyone!

“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - George Carlin

Offline appalachianstruttstopper

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2014, 10:14:44 AM »
Similar thing has happened to me so far. I killed a good bird in FL in March with 1.25 spurs, 10.25 beard and prob 18 lbs. I had no camera, ruler, or scales with me on the trip. So now I am hunting in VA trying to get one for the books. Called 1 in for my son on opening day, called 1 in for myself on monday, but made a bad shot on him, and called 1 up on Friday for my son. So I have had great luck, just haven't got another one on the ground for myself.