OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

SP10 pattern trouble

Started by Gobbler2577, April 08, 2014, 10:11:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gobbler2577

Hello all.  Been a visitor here for a while and have enjoyed the wealth of info here.  I've been a ten gauge shooter for years with a BPS but last year I stumbled across a mint SP10 in bottomland camo.  Like a dummy I sold my browning.  I have had a hard time finding what the remington likes.  My BPS would consistently put 350-360 nitros in the ten at 40 yards.  This remington seems to refuse to to do better than 175 with anything.  I have finally tried some nitro straight 7s and again just about 170.  I've tried jellyheads, both a .695 and a .690, and a pure gold .690.  Tried the old economy triplex, all heavy triplex, the megaweights and federal HW7s.  My patterns are more than sufficient, but I know they could be much better.  Do any of you have any suggestions as to which direction I need to go?  This is the short (23") barrel.  Thanks in advance.

Rem Man

Hello i have the same gun, as do 2 of my friends we tried all combos and the only one that worked great!!! was a Kicks .685 or .690 with Fed HW #7's. We get 218-230 at 42 yds. with this combo. GOOD LUCK!! And these Fed HW penetrate like no other!!!!!

Rem Man

Sorry i forgot to add another great combo is a .690 Jellyhead and Mag Blends. 250-285! at 40 yds.

deadbuck

I have the 26" barrel and a jellyhead 695 and get about 220 with magblends

Gobbler2577

Thanks for the replies.  Will try the magblends and will also try the kicks.  I love the sp10, but performance-wise it is not in the same ballpark as my old BPS10.  I'm used to patterns that would kill bumblebees at 50 yards. 

Rockhound

With a kicks 690 in my browning the magblends done 306 and the heavyweight 7s done 230+

I know you said sp10 but just thought I would throw that out there