turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

flocking a decoy

Started by Ishi, April 07, 2014, 10:20:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ishi

I have a DSD jake that is two yrs old before they started flocking them. I have black flock and flat black rustolem paint. My question can or should I do this I don't want to ruin it I watched videos on you tube it looks easy I am wanting to flock the back of the jake  :thanks:
The Spirit Lives On

FullChoke

Let 'er rip! Looks like a fun project that will greatly enhance the look and effectiveness of the decoy.

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

Ishi

Thanks for prodding me along Fullchoke tonight I got the second layer flock on and wow does it look nice and it was easy to do
The Spirit Lives On

FullChoke

I had to look up the process on YouTube to see how easy it was. Do you also do goose decoys?

BTW, "Ishi in Two Worlds" was a favorite book that I read when we lived in CA. I used to deer hunt the north side of Mt. Lassen where he hid for so many years. Are you from CA?

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

Ishi

No I don't goose hunt. I just bowhunt I have never harvested a deer or turkey with a gun. I read the book on Ishi 45 yrs ago it is a great read. I live in Iowa some day I want to go to where Ishi live that is on my list when I retire! Good Luck this season. Our season opens tomorrow my hunting buddy and I  will be after them all week
The Spirit Lives On