OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Federal #5's w/FCW and Jellyhead .690

Started by M R Ducks, March 29, 2014, 12:06:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

M R Ducks

25 yards, about 55 degrees, not clean/not dirty barrel.

As for the wad, I don't know if this represents a damaged wad due to the ports on the JH, or if this is typical of what they look like regardless of choke.  The wads all hit the target.

Shot 5 times, this is the last shot, no discernible pattern difference.

What do you guys think about the wad?  I don't see any issues with this choke and the FCW - thoughts?

Joe

the Ward

Those wads look very much like the ones I shot thru the .690 kicks with the same load. The wads I recovered had a more pronounced ring around it though, almost like a bubble flare in the same place as yours is flared in the middle. Don't know if it is good or bad though!

highwaygun

It looks alot different from the ones I have recovered shooting thru my .680 trulock. Mine are fully intact with the flares in the back opened every time. Im heading over to my buddys house where I pattern my guns at ill look around and see if I can find one to post a pic.

highwaygun

Also mine doesnt have all the scuffs to the exterior of the wad.

M R Ducks

The scuffs align perfectly with the ports on the tube.  I have a non-ported Hasting .685 and a Bansner .695 I can try too - the Bansner has ports....  May try the .685 just because.

tha bugman