turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Harrison Owl Hooter

Started by memert116, March 28, 2014, 05:48:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

memert116

My first Harrison Owl Hooter arrived today.  Made from flamed Osage Orange.  Sounds good but I need to practice with it.  Probably me but doesn't seem as loud as I expected it would.

drum817

Don't worry about the volume.....on a quiet morning it is PLENTY loud!!!  I have total confidence in that call!!!
"Freedom Has Never Been Free"

memert116

Quote from: drum817 on March 28, 2014, 08:26:03 PM
Don't worry about the volume.....on a quiet morning it is PLENTY loud!!!  I have total confidence in that call!!!

Thanks, it sure does sound good

JVA54

DirtNap647

whats low to us is loud to turkey

memert116

I talked to James and he helped me figure out that I was restricting the bottom of the call.  Needed to relax my hands......I was holding it like it was a rattlesnake.....LOL

JALA Strut

memert, Just ordered my Harrison Hootin Stick last week ...can't wait til it gets here to try it out and start practicing with it!  This is the first reed style owl call I've ever gotten...have always just had the big tube hooter.  I've heard nothing but solid reviews on the Hootin Stick and it seems like James bends over backwards to always help out those with any questions or concerns!

memert116

Quote from: JALA Strut on March 31, 2014, 08:52:58 AM
memert, Just ordered my Harrison Hootin Stick last week ...can't wait til it gets here to try it out and start practicing with it!  This is the first reed style owl call I've ever gotten...have always just had the big tube hooter.  I've heard nothing but solid reviews on the Hootin Stick and it seems like James bends over backwards to always help out those with any questions or concerns!

I can promise you that is right.  I got to work this morning and received a suprise email from James asking how I liked the hooter, how it was working and saying he is available to call with any questions. 

I thought that was pretty dang cool of him.

COssman14

I have the Synthetic version, I love mine!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Why shoot a 3.5"? Because they don't make a 4".

JALA Strut

Got mine in the mail...still working with it to learn the right way to use it...first reed owl call I've had but I'm getting closer to getting it right

Sandfly

where is the best place to get one of these Hootn Sticks?

mwr

M Sharpe

Quote from: Sandfly on October 26, 2014, 09:30:12 PM

Send owlface (James Harrison) on here a pm and get a hand turned one, he will come through for ya.
I'm not a Christian because I'm strong and have it all together. I'm a Christian because I'm weak and admit I need a Saviour!

mgm1955

Quote from: M Sharpe on November 07, 2014, 07:03:11 AM
Quote from: Sandfly on October 26, 2014, 09:30:12 PM

Send owlface (James Harrison) on here a pm and get a hand turned one, he will come through for ya.
Hey Mark I just saw this. Thanks for the info. Great looking call!!