OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: new yorkers.....hearing anything?  (Read 6142 times)

Offline jordanz7935

• The Boss Gobbler
Re: new yorkers.....hearing anything?
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2014, 04:42:09 PM »
Yea i went out scouting/listening monday morning and they were tearing it up!  The big flocks seem like they're starting to break up a bit. Hillcritter, where abouts are you located in otsego county? I live in otsego county just outside of west winfield.

Offline steinea286

« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2014, 03:08:36 PM »
Been gobbling good on the limb. Had a pair going crazy to crows and geese on a big ridge with a power line on one side and a corn field on the other.

Offline HillCritter

« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2014, 07:49:58 PM »
Yea i went out scouting/listening monday morning and they were tearing it up!  The big flocks seem like they're starting to break up a bit. Hillcritter, where abouts are you located in otsego county? I live in otsego county just outside of west winfield.

I hunt near Laurens in Otsego County. I live way down state but I go to college in Syracuse.
And my idea of heaven is chasing white tailed bucks.

Offline steinea286

« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2014, 07:12:49 AM »
Youth weekend went well. 3 youth hunter were able to kill birds in the 2 days period. If you knew where they were roosted, the success rate increased rapidly. I didn't hear a bird the hole weekend between 7am and 11:30. Was able to strike a bird at 11:30 sunday and it turned out to be 5 longbeards that left their hens. Kids sure were happy!

I also had them gobbling on the roost today (30mph winds) in one of my honey holes. Thursday can't come soon enough!

Offline hunter62

« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2014, 08:13:38 AM »
Ive been hunting Laurens for 30 years

Offline HillCritter

« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2014, 09:09:53 AM »
Did some scouting last night...It looks promising for the opener. They were gobbling and the big flocks have broken up.
And my idea of heaven is chasing white tailed bucks.