OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Pot Calls

Started by TauntoHawk, March 14, 2011, 10:41:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TauntoHawk

I own a few, they're pretty good mass manufacture one. I have a primos power crystal, knight and hale slatetek, and a knight and hale silver hammer. but I wouldnt call any a go to call for me, I prefer my mouth calls. this spring I got some custom mouth calls (hooks) which opened my eyes a bit to custom calls. now I wanna try a good custom pot call but the choices are astounding. I thought there was glass, slate, aluminum, and crystal but theres tons of combos with materials over materials

of the calls I own I like the aluminum but I feel like there could be a little more "turkey" in it. can the experts help point me in the direction of a good custom call. ($40-55) range

Looking for that next level call with a lot of realism

ive seen bronzed glass over glass
anodized aluminum over glass
glass over aluminum
copper
ect ect ect and now I have no idea what to get

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

big j

Holloran Mistress or Lights out anodized aluminum!

turkeyfuneral

Warbird and Lights Out are both amazing calls!!!

WyoHunter

If I had a dollar for every gobbler I thought I fooled I'd be well off!

StruttinGobbler3

Another vote for LightsOut!
John 3:16

"Fall hunting is maneuvers. Spring hunting is war"
Tom Kelly, Tenth Legion

ILIKEHEVI-13

Ryan Bonjour makes a killer aluminum pot.  I know I have one.  

Check it out.  It's the middle one.  

http://oldgobbler.com/Forum/index.php/topic,1449.0.html

VAHUNTER

there are many great call makers here on OG. it would be next to impossibble to recommend the "best"

take a minute and check out Perfections line of friction calls.
Kirk's crystal will flat out sing
Good things come to those who wait

bowhunter84

so far my favorite call is a fatal attraxion glass call.  i also have the slate and copper which all sound good but the glass is my favorite

drum817

SS Custom Calls are hard to beat in my book.   (276) 794-7771

"Freedom Has Never Been Free"

jyoung

There are many great calls out there so it will most definitely be your preference, but we also offer an anodized aluminum pot call.  My personal combonation is the anodized aluminum surface with a cherry pot, matched with a purple hart striker. WOW! Is all I have to say about this call.  It produces a very high front end and drops into some nasty raspy.  I used it this weekend and it sound just like the hen I was talking to.  She got so mad at me that she blew up in full strut when she got to me!  An Amish wood craftsman builds all of our wood products then we go through and hand tune every call.  If it does not pass our test, its chunked! The price is $39.95,check us out online, just click on the Hillbilly logo below my signature.
Jonathan Young

scoot12

I would like to add Dave Tyrees sassy glass call with a Neal Hermann cocobola striker.  This glass call has no soundboard and has a super nice rollover in the yelps and popping clucks and cutts.  Scott

Crutch

It seems like you are looking for something special. FWIW, slate is and has always been one of the best materials for a pot. Pappy knows how to build a slate over glass as well as many others. I have a few built that sound great also, although I am not selling or in the business.  Don't over look a good slate call with a couple different weight strikers.  If you already have a good slate, any of the builders here can put together non ferrous or glass that will impress you too.
Let everything that hath breath praise the Lord
:gobble: :gobble:

ElkTurkMan

I baught a copper pot call from Tim Sandford of Rut & Strut calls last month and it's my new favorate. He's got a ton of pots to choose from his website is www.rutnstrutgamecalls.com.

GC

Here is an unsolicited plug for Andy Kaiser glass calls... they're all turkey and the workmanship and attention to detail is first rate.  He is "Gobblestopper" here on the forum.  I have no connection to Mr. Kaiser and he wouldn't know me from Adam but I bought a couple of his calls and have been completely happy with them for several years now.

jshively

Just got in the mail today a zebrawood and slate pot from Hank's Calls.  Boy does that thing sing - very turkey and sweet.  I was gobblin - I just have to wait and see what the real birds think of it. :happy0064: