OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Why I carry a 10

Started by I hate turkeys, March 24, 2014, 08:24:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I hate turkeys

This is 40 yards with an SP 10, Pure Gold choke and Mag-Blends. It's why I carry a 10.
"There is no such thing as to much gun"
Elmier Keith

deadbuck

Same for me! Another reason I carry a 10 is that I dont know where to buy an 8.

decoykrvr

I had an 8, and believe me, you don't want one.  As a young waterfowl hunter who shot a 23/4" Lefever double, I was awed the first time an old "Riverman" ,who had forgotten more about ducks and geese than most seasoned hunters ever know, handed me his 10 gauge double barrel and a couple of shells to try.  Several seasons later I got my first 10 gauge shotgun.  That was 41 years ago.

the Ward

eman375

Those big 10 gauges rock! 

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase

jerf

Because they go boooooom for a couple miles.

steveo

Plus it makes a big BOOM ! LOL

4nolz2

I love my side by side because I can put an expensive Nitro in 1 side and a cheap black Winchester in the other.I havent had to shoot an expensive shell yet this Spring.... :funnyturkey:

NC_10

Nice, what is the make of the double barrel ten gauge? Any additional pics?

Old Gobbler

What kind of side by side is that !  I like the idea of two barrels
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

highwaygun

Its more than likely an american arms turkey special. That is the only side by side 10ga I know of that has barrels that short. Unless he had them cut off.

Old Gobbler

There is a American arms o/u on gun broker but its priced kinda high -- if I could get one cheap and threaded to 10 ga rem choke it would be tempting
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

highwaygun

If I can ever find one at a reasonable price I would jump on it too. It would be the ultimate turkey killer.

highwaygun

I just looked at the one your talking about and it is bid up way past its worth. There was just a side by side with 26" barrel for sale on there with a buy it now for 650 and have seen them go for between 450 and 700 numerous times.