Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

870 SPS-T in Realtree Xtra Brown (pictures)

Started by KDF, March 24, 2014, 12:29:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KDF

Was wondering if anyone has ever seen an 870 or 11-87 in the Realtree Xtra Brown finish?  Seems like it might be a rare bird!

Model 870 Special Purpose Turkey (SPS-T)
12 (disc. 2004) or 20 ga., 20 (new 2002) or 21 in. VR barrel with Rem Choke, available in flat black, Mossy Oak (disc. 1996, reintroduced 2002), Greenleaf (disc. 1996), or Realtree X-tra Brown (full SPS-T-camo, mfg. 1997 only) finish. Disc. 1999, reintroduced 2002-2005.

01Foreman400

Never seen one.  I have some Benelli in Xtra Brown. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Huntin Fool From Georgia!

budtripp

About 10 years ago I ran across an 870 in extra brown in a local gun shop. Wasn't in the market for a turkey gun at the time and haven't seen one since. I wish i would have bought it looking back, perfect shape and had it priced at 300 bucks. My buddy has an 835 in extra brown and I've always thought it looked great on a shotgun. I like it just as much as the greenleaf/bottomland guns and that's alot haha.

Gooserbat

I have a friend who has a super mag with a 26" barrel. 
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

KDF

First one of these I've ever seen, so I went ahead and picked it up!  Don't really need it as I have plenty of turkey guns already.  I tried to resist, but was unsuccessful!  I see the Bottomland and Greenleaf 870's with some regularity, but until I saw this I had no idea they even made one in Xtra Brown.

870 Special Purpose in Realtree Xtra Brown, 3" chamber w/ 21" VR barrel

Mike Honcho

tomstopper

ElkTurkMan

budtripp

Wanna sell it lol? I always loved that pattern but you hardly see those old Remingtons dipped in it. If I remember right they only offered it for a couple years

Skeeterbait

One of my 835's was originally in Xtra Brown.  In time it got really shiny and faded and has since been redone in APG.

outdoors

Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

albrubacker

The addiction will cost you time and money and alienate those close to you. I can give you the names of a dozen addicts — myself included — whose wives begin to get their hackles up a week before turkey season starts and stay mad until a week after it closes.

—Charlie Elliott

870FaceLift

Very cool.  Looks to be in great condition, too.  Nice find!
Pass it on...

Heller

That's a cool camo. I have a sps in mossy oak breakup that I don't see around