Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Need your oppinions on my paced 40 yard pattern pic

Started by bowmike, March 23, 2014, 10:17:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bowmike

Drew a quick turkey head on the back of a grocery box, and paced 40 yards. sat down on the ground, put the bead just a bit above where red touches black and here is the result.

ended up with 185 in a 10" circle centered on the turkey head, and the pattern was pretty much centered there as well. counted 64 in the head and neck area.

Would you guys be happy with this pattern, and be happy with it to 40ish yards. I don't plan on shooting past that, but want to be sure the bird will flop at 40. Hoping to reel them in closer than that. Was going to play around with scopes and shells a little bit,  but hard to justify it with that. I don't plan on shooting past 40.

bowhunter2k9

That's plenty man, I got about 220 with hevi13 #6's... But I now use #5s and will be using lead as soon as I run out
Romans 8:38-39

bmhern

That will definitely get it done!
                                  ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,:icon_thumright:

bowmike

They make a 2 oz load as well. Should I buy more of the 1 3/4 oz or try and sneak a few more with the 2 oz

bowhunter2k9

Get the 2 if you can. If you aren't worried about past 40 then but some Winchester longbeard xr's. Much cheaper!
Romans 8:38-39

willy8457

Terry

Thats a good hunting pattern.

I am pretty impressed with your turkey artwork:D