Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

WildTalker Champion Crow shipping next week…...

Started by CallDr, March 23, 2014, 11:04:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CallDr

Hey guys....... I sold out of my first run of crow calls. The Nationals was a great show and word of mouth really works ; )

Well...... it won the first NWTF National Locator Contest but it was the Crow Hunters that really spurred on the demand. Crow Mart ( Crow Busters) which is a site for those really into crow hunting will be carrying it online. Midwest is still waiting on me to ship them calls also.

Anyway....... I will get my 2nd order in this coming week and will be shipping callers again. My website has them on backorder.

www.wildtalker.com

CallDr

Will it call Crows...... these pictures speak for themselves. Yes...... that is 161 crows using it for the first time. Then 301..... I need lessons...lol

www.wildtalker.com

outdoors

SOUNDS   A W E S O M E , IM THINKING ABOUT GETTING ONE NOW ,,,   :icon_thumright:
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

JVA54

CallDr

I did this youtube video to show how I use a crow call as a locator. It also shows the range of Tones or Pitch and how you can vary the volume too. I bought my first "real crow call".... a Gibson "chambered" Crow in 1987. I was hooked. Then I found M L Walker........ another custom call. I have had and collected them over the years. The Champion Crow project was to design a caller that was not as High Pitched and incorporate using Both hands like a Trumpet caller, to control tone, pitch and volume.

If you already run a Trumpet, using Both Hands in front of the caller ( finger over some portion of the bell end ) will create the back pressure needed to match what Crow Voice you want to imitate.

I did this video to show how it works and sounds.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HOgwN3BVLQM

www.wildtalker.com

Redfish

That's good news. Ordered mine Friday and looking forward to trying it out!
John 3:16

memert116

Being totally sincere when I say it is fascinating to read what you guys talk about with locator calls.  I am such a novice, thank you for sharing.... :icon_thumright:

Bigspurs68

I got one last spring. Outstanding sound! The first crow call that I have had that doesn't sound like some guy blowing a crow call. It will produce every crow sound with ease and accuracy. In other words, I like it a lot!!
Momma said "Kill that turkey"

L.F. Cox

Quote from: memert116 on March 26, 2014, 12:00:47 AM
Being totally sincere when I say it is fascinating to read what you guys talk about with locator calls.  I am such a novice, thank you for sharing.... :icon_thumright:

Trust me you are not alone in this thread.....

dale1386

dale1386

Redfish

Got mine a couple of weeks ago and it is without a doubt the best sounding crow call I've heard. I actually sound like a crow!
John 3:16

dale1386

ordered one sunday can't wait to try it out.....I like calling crow during turkey season about as much as turkey calling.

Uvagobbler

I bought one and it is a keeper. Mike had it in stock and fast service. I probably have 6-7 crow calls and it the best by far. Definitely worth it.

Bossman

For years I searched for a crow call that had all the sound qualities and voice influx of a real crow.  The Wild Talker is the best I have found.  I bought three just in case.