turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Tried the dirty Long Beards

Started by albrubacker, March 23, 2014, 09:48:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

albrubacker

I shot some 3" LB 4 shot yesterday with about 67 degrees. Shooting Ben SN 26" with ported Trulock.660 @ 40yrds. These shells were almost like shooting a muzzleloader. Smoke went everywhere.
Not a bad pattern though for 4 shot. 137 in 10"
The addiction will cost you time and money and alienate those close to you. I can give you the names of a dozen addicts — myself included — whose wives begin to get their hackles up a week before turkey season starts and stay mad until a week after it closes.

—Charlie Elliott

hs strut

that will do it ive gotten better patterns with double x high velocities but if they stop making them ill use the long beards as a second choice
may god bless the ethical and responsible hunters and to everybody kill a big one.  jerry

R AJ

What seems strange i sthat after shooting that shell about 6 times the barrel was relatively clean.

DirtNap647

Twowithone

Good to go :OGturkeyhead:.
09-11-01 Some Gave Something. 343 Gave All F.D.N.Y.

knightrider

that wasn't smoke it was the broken up resin it turns into a powder that looks like smoke as it leaves the barrel, the resin almost turns into a sugar looking substance and that pattern will kill all day long

lowoctane

Great killing pattern for 4's! May have to pick up a box. Thx for sharing!
I'm Old School...
GOD, GUTS AND GUNS
MADE AMERICA GREAT,
LET'S KEEP ALL THREE!
NRA Endowment
NAHC Life

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase

ericjames

Quote from: RAJ on March 23, 2014, 04:13:06 PM
What seems strange i sthat after shooting that shell about 6 times the barrel was relatively clean.

That's what I noticed, I shot 4 shells and the barrel was pretty clean. It was allot cleaner than any other shell I've ever shot.

BTW  that's a great looking pattern.

albrubacker

Quote from: ericjames on March 28, 2014, 05:53:37 PM
Quote from: RAJ on March 23, 2014, 04:13:06 PM

That's what I noticed, I shot 4 shells and the barrel was pretty clean. It was allot cleaner than any other shell I've ever shot.

BTW  that's a great looking pattern.

Well that sounds like another plus!
The addiction will cost you time and money and alienate those close to you. I can give you the names of a dozen addicts — myself included — whose wives begin to get their hackles up a week before turkey season starts and stay mad until a week after it closes.

—Charlie Elliott

taylorjones20

Nice pattern!  I had a go pro mounted on my gun last year and I shot at a turkey at 20 yards with the longbeard #5. I missed the turkey so I watched the video to see where the pattern went... Well, I couldn't see anything except a white cloud between the gun and the turkey.  I still can't figure out how I missed that turkey. lol
Alive only by the Grace Of God