Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

how do u cherish ur turkey memories?

Started by gobblinfever, March 19, 2014, 10:12:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gobblinfever

was wondering what u guys do or make to after u kill a gobbler to remember the hunt years down the road. I try to write my experiences in a journal but find it hard to find the time to do it sometimes...guess pics would be the most obvious and easy way to go and just make a album out of it.
Nothing better than turkey huntin

Rokhal07

I do the same as you. I try to write down most of it. Take pictures when i can and last year for my single season slam I made a board and put pictures and licenses from each state.

Moore

I have a hunting photo album that has  the stories of the hunts I been on  with pics
[

t_eagen13

I take pictures after every successful hunt. I also keep a log of all of my kills (deer and turkey) on an Excel spreadsheet on my computer. I like to put information about where I was hunting, what the weather was like, who I was with, and any other specific details about that hunt to help me remember.

memert116

Besides the occasional taxidermy I like to take lots of pictures.  I also save the hull of the shell.  After reading the book Cogan's Woods I would like to start writing a short note with the details of when, where and who I was with on a small note and put it inside the shell.

Bigspurs68

The one thing I have found that brings me a smile is to write info on the empty hull. The beards and spurs are nice but after a while, they all blend together. There are times I find a hull laying on a shelf and in reading the info on it, I'm reminded of birds I have managed to forget somehow. I have one in my truck that just says "Tennessee". That's all it needs to say. I'll remember that bird and the events leading up to killing him. I keep it there to remind me to be safe and watch out for fools who will do dangerous things. It's a good memory now tho.
Momma said "Kill that turkey"

bamagtrdude

Pictures mostly; they speak 1,000 words.
---
Bama Guitar Dude (bamagtrdude)