turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Can't wait till friday! UPDATE!

Started by the Ward, March 18, 2014, 03:20:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the Ward

Going to finally get to do some patterning! So far I've got some fed, win, and rem lead, plus a box of rem hd hevi 6s. Got a .690 kicks and the browning turkey chokes to try. Gun has got the mossy oak bottomland gun skin on and looks good. Don't know if I should try the rem HD thru the kicks, I know that they advise against it but seen some posts where others are using htl with this choke with great success. Guess I will find out!

Rockhound

I've shot lots of Hevi through my kicks!

I think that choke and the HD remmys gave me around 180's

steveo

I shoot Fed HTL 7s thru my GT685 no issues even asked Kicks before buying and they said no issues.

the Ward

Well I got to do a little patterning today.The air temps were supposed to be low 50s, but were more like mid 40s. Bps shot low, really low, like a foot. I had put the front sight from a tri viz on it because all my other Bps' usually shot high, so I'm going to have to change it for a lower bead. Left to right is fine though. I tested Remington 2.25-4s, win 2oz 4s, federal fcw 2oz 5s, and Remington hevi shot 1-7/8 6s. The only pattern that was worth counting was the hd Remington 6s, I got 146 in the 10" at 40yds. That was with the kicks .690. The other patterns didn't look too  bad,  but they had a lot of gaps in them. I would guess they were lucky to be in the upper 50s low 60s count range. Going to deep clean the barrel and wait for some warmer temps and correct the poi and try again. It was fun though!