OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: nitro 7s  (Read 6496 times)

Offline grizholder@aol.com

nitro 7s
« on: March 15, 2015, 09:57:16 PM »
Just wondering if anyone uses the nitro h210bc in straight 7s and how r the results my gun is putting 206 in the 10 at 40 would just like to do little better what would be maximum yardage on the 7s to thanks

Offline Rem Man

Re: nitro 7s
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2015, 10:44:09 PM »
   What is the gun and choke your shooting? That is low for nitro7 I get 275-290 at 42 yds.

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2015, 07:41:56 AM »
I am shooting mag blend out of a browning bps with jebs 680 he told me the nitro 7s would do a lot better than 205 just wondering who shot it and how the 7s carries out past 50

Offline Gamblinman

• Double Beard
  • Major Flagelator
    • Georgia Deer Cam
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2015, 09:42:11 AM »
I have shot the Nitro straight 7's through various chokes. I get a great pattern, but way too much pixie dust shot to make me feel confident at extended ranges. I'm not one to shoot at extended ranges...rather let them walk, but I want to be confident. I like the 4X5X7's best...the pattern may not be as concentrated, but overall, I have  a lot more confidence. I have harvested well over 50 birds with Nitro 4x5x7's and not one has walked away...many never flopped.

That being said, I have switched to Federal Heavyweight in #7 shot for all my turkey guns...no pixie dust here. I totally agree with what others of said about it hitting like Thor's hammer. It is devastating through the right choke. My Trulock choke is my go to, although the Kicks put up very similar results.
"I don't hunt turkeys because I want to. I hunt turkeys because I have to."

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2015, 09:53:23 PM »
Thanks so for longer range I shold  stick with mag blends or get the combo nitros

Offline Old Gobbler

• Administrator
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2015, 10:54:21 PM »
I got 380-390 with the nitro h210 #7 and a rhino 685, like mentioned lots and lots of small size pellets in there

When you see those kind of numbers it's time to step back to a larger pellet , anything over 100-150 is a good hitter

The nitro 2.25 ounce straight #5 hevi with that same choke , does about 180 , that was my go to load for many years , lots of gobblers went down solid when I hit em with that

I've switched to the federals like many here , the #7 fed hw, hits hard and shoots tight , easy to get and affordable
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2015, 10:57:52 PM »
Thanks for all your help I think I will try some straight 7s and blended nitros but for now mag blends are good enough season opens sat here good luck this season and thanks for all your help

Offline tha bugman

• Paintbrush Beard
nitro 7s
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2016, 04:31:53 AM »

I have shot the Nitro straight 7's through various chokes. I get a great pattern, but way too much pixie dust shot to make me feel confident at extended ranges. I'm not one to shoot at extended ranges...rather let them walk, but I want to be confident. I like the 4X5X7's best...the pattern may not be as concentrated, but overall, I have  a lot more confidence. I have harvested well over 50 birds with Nitro 4x5x7's and not one has walked away...many never flopped.

That being said, I have switched to Federal Heavyweight in #7 shot for all my turkey guns...no pixie dust here. I totally agree with what others of said about it hitting like Thor's hammer. It is devastating through the right choke. My Trulock choke is my go to, although the Kicks put up very similar results.
so you shot the HW through the Kicks choke?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Gamblinman

• Double Beard
  • Major Flagelator
    • Georgia Deer Cam
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2016, 07:09:36 AM »

so you shot the HW through the Kicks choke?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did at first. I now use a TruLock choke in .680 constriction.
"I don't hunt turkeys because I want to. I hunt turkeys because I have to."