OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Wild Turkey Extreme (More Pics Added)

Started by hunter22, March 11, 2014, 08:16:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hunter22

With season approaching, I thought I would post a recipe my family loves for me to do. It is hard for me to imagine wild game any better. The last time I did this I had two women coming back for more who swore they would not eat wild meat. Yea, right!!!

Wild turkey Extreme
   1. Cut wild turkey breast into strips and pieces
   2. Marinate the turkey strips in Italian dressing and place in refrigerator overnight
   3. Season the turkey strips with salt, pepper, and lemon pepper seasoning
   4. Cut bacon strips into pieces about 3 inches long
   5. Wrap turkey strips in the bacon strips
    6. Cut yellow squash, onion, red & green & yellow peppers into slices
   7. Fill skewer about 2/3 full, alternating meat and vegetables
   8. Repeat above steps filling as many skewers as you like
   9. Coat the turkey/bacon combo on the skewers with Italian dressing (Wishbone)
10. Coals on the grill should be white before cooking.
11. Place the skewers on the grill, rotating every couple of minutes, basting with       
                Italian dressing
          12. Continue to cook until the bacon turns dark brown or black. Cooking time is 
                about 30 minutes. Check the turkey to be done before removing from grill
          13. ENJOY

rem 300

That's some fine looking grub Rickey!!! I will have to try it this spring

tomstopper

hunter22

Here are a couple more pics of the wild turkey extreme. On this day I also grilled sweet corn and Vidalia onions. This is just one fine meal if you like wild turkey.

Cooking

Ready to Eat

memert116

That looks great.  Gonna have to try it.... :drool:

Bigspurs68

Momma said "Kill that turkey"

alloutdoors

I did this at camp last week and it was some of the best turkey I've ever had. Heck, it was some of the best food I've ever had period. I skipped the additional seasonings and just used the dressing, I let the turkey marinate overnight as suggested and then also marinated the veggies in the dressing for about 3 hours before cooking.

Dr Juice

hunter22

Now that season is over for me I am going to start cooking a lot. This is definitely one of my favorites and a real crowd pleaser.

packmule

I can verify that it is a crowd pleaser.  I tried this recipe for the first time a couple weeks back.  I used pepper (red and green), zucchini, and asparagus, and the turkey breast.  It is a first-class recipe.  Thank you for posting it up.

drenalinld

This might be perfect for a visit......hmmmm