Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

M3000 SumToy .650 LB 5s and 6s Which one to shoot?

Started by sonofabuck, March 10, 2014, 07:10:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sonofabuck

A perfect day for some range time here in TN!!  Wind was blowing L to R about 10MPH a nice 70*F.
I've decided this is the choke and shell I'll be using this year just not sure if I should shoot the 5s or 6s.  I was thinking of chambering the 6s and having the 5s in the tube for a possible follow up. 
What do you guys think??
The brown cardboard target I shot the other day it was around 55* and somewhat humid.  I guessing it too would have been close to 200 otherwise.

drum817

Quote from: sonofabuck on March 10, 2014, 07:10:17 PM

I was thinking of chambering the 6s and having the 5s in the tube for a possible follow up. 
What do you guys think??

That is EXACTLY what I'm doing!!!  :icon_thumright:
"Freedom Has Never Been Free"

sonofabuck

Thanks Drum not quite up to your numbers but close.  I had it narrowed down to the Stoeger and the Weatherby and I thought the 18.5 in barrel would be too short.  You've got a nice set up.

BandedSpur

Sounds like a good plan. I don't think you can go wrong with either one.

drum817

Quote from: sonofabuck on March 10, 2014, 07:30:12 PM
Thanks Drum not quite up to your numbers but close.  I had it narrowed down to the Stoeger and the Weatherby and I thought the 18.5 in barrel would be too short.  You've got a nice set up.

You actually have a bit better numbers with the 5's than I do.  Your patterns are GREAT...go hunting and have a safe season!!!  :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:
"Freedom Has Never Been Free"

Hooksnhorns

Great patterns. Id bust his head with those 5s.
Don't Tread On Me

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase