turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Broadheads

Started by oldfart, March 14, 2011, 01:07:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MOStrutter

Rage is coming out with all new heads for this fall so it might just be a marketing ploy to get guys buying the older type of broadhead before they go out and buy the new one a few months later.  The new broadheads are doing away with the annoying O-ring and going with a locking system the resembles the G5.  That said, I will shoot the rage 3 blade, although I have an old 2 blade that a buddy shot a deer with last year and I may use it since I have never used the 2 blade.  I have never been impressed with the two blades when comparing blood trails and entrance/exit wounds to the 3 blade when used on whitetails.

zeus26

Quote from: captpete on February 11, 2012, 02:15:46 PM
Quote from: zeus26 on February 11, 2012, 11:15:04 AM
Quote from: Arrowslinger10 on February 09, 2012, 06:43:42 PM
I shoot a Rage 3 blade. But Rage just came out with this.
http://www.basspro.com/Rage-Turkey-2Blade-Mechanical-Broadheads/product/89098400/299132

I wonder what the difference is between the turkey and deer/big game heads?  I hope its more than just what the packaging says.

From what I can see, the only difference is the turkey head has 2 1/4" cut compared to the 2" of the regular/deer head.

Makes sense. Thanks!

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

MizzouOutdoors

I am a big fan of Grim Reapers on turkey and deer!

tomtamer25

Gobbler guillotine. Hes either dead or you missed.  No lost birds

golfernash

Rocket hammerhead

Sent from my DROID Pro using Tapatalk

hookhntr

I like the nap 2 blade bloodrunners if your huntn turkeys while deer hunting. If your just goin for the turkeys, I would say the magnus bullhead 125grain. Nothn like seeing a head go flying
throughthe air.  If shoothing the bullheads go with a full length arrow

Hayudog

I'll say that I've used the Rage 2 blade and when they are hit right all goes well.  All but one have run off.  I've only lost a couple of birds, but I hate chasing them.  With that said I'm with Dan and going to the Magnus Bullhead.  New arrows, Victory V-6 300's,  75-90 #.  4" feathers.  Had to paper tune and re- site in.  All in one day...today.  And here is the results at 15 yards.  I'm going for DRT. Dead Right There.

Pacificcooler

Rage 3 blade all the way.

Danny1030

Grim Reaper 2 inch Whitetail Special

dantheman

love the g5 t3 but have shot birds with all the major expandable s out there with success.

Ishi

I like Magnus Bullheads D.O.C. :newmascot:
The Spirit Lives On

kyturkeyhunter4

I use the muzzy mx4 on deer and turkey. They do a great job on both, it's hard to beat the muzzy been around a long time.