turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Broadheads

Started by oldfart, March 14, 2011, 01:07:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

oldfart

I would like to hear fm those who use bows to hunt turkeys.  What broadheads do you use?  I may or may not use a bow for spring turkey but in Tn, I can hunt turkey in deer archery season.    Thanks    Ray

fallhnt

If you have a lot of kenetic energy with your bow use open-ups.If you don't use fixed blade heads.
When I turkey hunt I use a DSD decoy

bowhunter84

if i bow hunt for them i will use my broadheads i use for deer hunting. rage 2 blades

hoyt

If I bow hunt for them this yr I'll use my recurve with Simmons broadheads.

bad0351

Have used both Rage 2 blade expandables and Muzzy mx-3......both did the job but the rage was wicked.....
Sometimes...all a man has left is his dog.....

PANYHunter

Another vote for the Rage 2 blade. 

BOFF

Regardless of what we use, you also need to check with your state game laws. Not every state is the same.

God Bless,
David B.

ghillie

I use Woodsman...fixed blades... 150gr    love em

bowhunter84

Quote from: BOFF on March 14, 2011, 10:21:04 AM
Regardless of what we use, you also need to check with your state game laws. Not every state is the same.

God Bless,
David B.
:agreed:

CSAW

RAGE 2 blade, it opens them up nicely!

GSLAM95

I use the Gobbler Guillotines most of the time but also use the NAP Spitfire Gobbler Getters.

Apologizing:  does not always mean you are wrong and the other person is right. 
It just means that you value your relationship more than your ego.

maineguide

I agree with the Rage 2 blade. They work real well.

drenalinld

Rage 2 blade for anything you want to kill is a great choice!

kdog

This past year was the first year I used Rage 2 blades and they worked fantastic even on a very bad neckshot on a deflected arrow.Shot at a deer at about 40 TSS and didn't see a bush that was in line with the deer,,arrow deflected from the bush into the deers neck.Rage 2 blades leave some lethal entry and exit holes.

Kdog

timbrhuntr

I use my deer heads. 100 g rocky mtn snypers in the compound and 100 g nap thunderheads in the crossbow.