turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Handload ITX TT 6/Sumtoy choked 835/20 inch barrel

Started by SgtUSMC, March 06, 2014, 09:39:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SgtUSMC

Decided to take a crack at handloading.  Picked up some ITX Turkey Trauma 13cc 6 shot off of a member here last year.  This is a pic of a 1 7/8 oz load, and the 1 3/4 loads weren't far off from these numbers.

What do you think of this pattern?  The Sumtoy is throwing around 200 in the 10" and a little over 300 in the 20" pretty consistently

Anybody else loading any ITX?

ericjames

honker22

I'd take 200/300 ALL day long!  More than enough at 40 and should be forgiving as they get in closer.  Well done, handloading sure can be fun  :icon_thumright:
People who don't get it, don't get that they don't get it.

darn2ten

remmy1187

Looks good, I would be quite happy with 200ish with only 1 3/4 oz of 13 gram 6's.  I barely got that with Hevi 3/2/6's.

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase

tomstopper

chatterbox

SgtUSMC

Thank you everybody.  I get this weird feeling of satisfaction from taking an animal with a homade shell, bullet or an arrow I fletched and sharpened myself.   

Its more like an addiction really, Something to do in the off season to get my hunting "fix" so I don't go crazy.    I loaded up some predator loads using size F lead and it is wicked! 

Thanks Sumtoy and Semper Fi to you Tomstopper

owlhoot

That with wreck some heads and break some beaks, you ready    :toothy9:
Nice work

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

Grunt-N-Gobble

Thats a nice pattern there.

While I haven't tried the ITX shot, I have loaded regular Hevishot and the RSI #6's .  The Hevishot in 1 3/4oz did about the same as your ITX.  As for the RSI shot, I'm still working with it.  It's done OK, but only OK.

BandedSpur

Great looking pattern, especially given the density of those pellets. They have a considerable penetration advantage on HS.

drum817

"Freedom Has Never Been Free"