OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: BPS question  (Read 2918 times)

Offline timberchicken

BPS question
« on: March 05, 2014, 08:30:19 PM »
Have the BPS 10 always been back bored and if not what year did they start?

Offline WildTigerTrout

• Longbeard
  • "Big Woods" NC Pennsylvania Public Land Boss
Re: BPS question
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2014, 10:53:33 PM »
News to me. To my knowledge they have never been backbored. They are just the standard inside diameter for a 10 ga. shotgun barrel.
Deer see you and think you are a stump. The Old Gobbler sees a stump and thinks it is YOU!

Offline Rockhound

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2014, 10:59:26 PM »
News to me. To my knowledge they have never been backbored. They are just the standard inside diameter for a 10 ga. shotgun barrel.

X2

Offline NC_10

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2014, 08:24:22 AM »
Browning.com lists backbored technology under their product features for the BPS 10 Gauge Stalker , and other models of the 10 as well.

Offline WildTigerTrout

• Longbeard
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2014, 11:28:39 AM »
Browning.com lists backbored technology under their product features for the BPS 10 Gauge Stalker , and other models of the 10 as well.
Go back and read it again. I read it and it says NOTHING about the BPS 10 being backbored. It does however mention backbored technology for the 12 and 20. The Invector Plus choke tubes are designed to fit those barrels. The 10 is the standard Invector choke.
Deer see you and think you are a stump. The Old Gobbler sees a stump and thinks it is YOU!

Offline NC_10

BPS question
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2014, 04:48:48 PM »
Right you are i seen the article that only lists the 12 and 20. Im not sure. I have a friend who has the NWTF version he says it is back bored. ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline WildTigerTrout

• Longbeard
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2014, 06:47:29 PM »
Right you are i seen the article that only lists the 12 and 20. Im not sure. I have a friend who has the NWTF version he says it is back bored. ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
He is wrong. The NWTF version is the same as my BPS Stalker except for the cosmetics.

Offline timberchicken

« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2014, 06:52:22 PM »
Sorry I misread something on another post and that is why I asked.  New to the 10 gauge world and just thought i would ask

Offline WildTigerTrout

• Longbeard
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2014, 07:16:41 PM »
Sorry I misread something on another post and that is why I asked.  New to the 10 gauge world and just thought i would ask
Nothing wrong with asking a question. I am glad I could answer it for you. Enjoy the wonderful world of the "Big 10".