OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

TSS in old A5

Started by pamlico pintail, March 02, 2014, 12:30:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pamlico pintail

Friend just inherited an old Belgium A5 light 12. Is it OK to shoot tss loads in this barrel.  Have some 2 3/4 hand loads I was going to give him.

redarrow

I don't see where it would be a problem but to me an old Browning is a thing of beauty. I would lock it in a gun vault and fondled it on cold nights.

Deputy 14

Quote from: redarrow on March 02, 2014, 01:01:59 PM
. I would lock it in a gun vault and fondled it on cold nights.

Good one red :TooFunny:

L.F. Cox

If you don't care anything about it I'd go for it....

Old Gobbler

TSS is harder than lead , bismuth , hevishot , steel shot  and the barrel of the gun itself -TSS will/may score choke tubes

brownings website .......

All current Browning shotguns with the Invector or Invector-Plus choke tube system are fully steel shot compatible with current factory loads. However, there are limitations to the compatibility of many older Browning shotguns with conventionally choked barrels. In certain models, shooting steel shot may cause a slight "ring bulge" just inches behind the muzzle or irreversible damage or harm to the shooter depending on the firearm.  Accordingly, our recommendations concerning the use of steel shot in Browning shotguns is as follows

3. DO NO USE ANY STEEL SHOT LOADS:

The Belgian-made A-5, Superposed, Leige, and other Belgian Over/Under models, Double Automatic, American-made A-5 and all other models not listed in category 1 or 2. Note: Belgian Auto-5 barrels are interchangeable with the new Invector barrels which are made in Japan. With this new Invector barrel installed on the Belgian-made Auto-5 receiver, steel shot loads can be used.
:

:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

VA_Birdhunter

I love old browning A5's especially the round knobs.  I've owned many off them and currently have a 12 and 20ga I use for grouse hunting.  That is all I have ever used for grouse hunting and have been doing it over 20 yrs now.  They just have the feel!!  You can also buy after market barrels for them I know hastings makes some.

God Bless
Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens