OldGobbler

OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Sunday Devotional 03-13-11 The world turns on a dime.....

Started by pappy, March 13, 2011, 02:46:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pappy

It is strange to think that the world rotates on a dime, but the truth is, every day events are changed by whim or thought or action that is taken without second thought as to the consequences.
Ephesians 2: 1-2 says this, " And you hath He quickened, who were dead in tresspass, and sins; wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirirt that now worketh the children of disobedience: ..."
To think that we had made choices to live a life without Christ.....that we didn't care about our eternal state, we lived to follow the "in" crowd...when the whole time we were sinking in  our sins to a depth of Hell unimaginable!
then it says in verses 4 - 5 " But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us. Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by Grace ye are saved).
Then one day the Spirit quickened our heart and drew us to God, and we being once dead in our sins, found a new life through Christ!!!
I think about things like ... this...and thank God for the opportunity to be forgiven and born again, through Christ. For His mercy, His waiting on me, His love for me and His undying Grace...why not give Him a try, afterall, if the events of your life can be changed in an instant ...why not change them for the Glory of God?
my new email is paw.paw.jack@sbcglobal.net
tel...573-380-8206

BOFF

How great is God's love for us. To accept us, and cleanse us through the death of his son Jesus, and to place us by his side as his children. Oh how much, does he long to have his love accepted by those who do not know his name, or those who deny his calling. Do you hear him today? Do you know him?

Father God, thank you for speaking through Jack today. May your words be heard, and your love felt by all. We thank you for your salvation, and love as your children. Help us to use our talents, abilities, and strengths, to glorify you in all we do. For it is in Jesus name we ask, and claim these things, Amen!!

Thanks for the Word Jack!!
God Bless,
David B. 

mmims

Duke0002

Thank you for the words, Jack.  For the new and eternal life in Christ, I will thank our gracious Lord for eternity!

Roostem33

The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.(John 10:10)

turkey slayer