Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

A little bummed

Started by bowmike, February 25, 2014, 09:11:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bowmike

My Black Hawk stock had some issues with the recoil reduction system. I had sent it out to be fixed. I got a credit yesterday in the mail that it would be replaced, but it is on back order, and they do not fix their stocks. I will get a brand new in the box replacement once it becomes available. I have no confirmation of when this will take place however.

I have no issue with recoil, but wanted this so my nephew would be able to shoot a 12 ga for turkey this spring. Supposed to reduce the recoil by 70-80% I hope that I get it before the season, but for now it looks like I may end up using my 870 as a Franken-gun with a camo fore end and a laminate butt stock. I don't have any complaints from Black Hawks customer service as they have really been quite well to deal with, just bummed my nemphew might not get to use the 12.

My question is this. Do you think that if I set up the gun for a scope, with the standard rear stock, that it would be all that far off with the recoil reduction stock. I want to have everything sighted in and read to go for the season, and am thinking I could put the gun back together and sight it in, and be pretty close with the factory stock. Obviously I will be checking the zero when the new stock comes in, but I do not want to blow 5.50 a shot on sighting it in. I will sight it in with target load, and fine tune with Magnum Blends.

Pretty bummed at how this is all panning out for me. Worse comes to worse, there is always a bead on the gun

bowhunter2k9

Stock wouldn't have anything to do with it, but how old is your nephew? A 12 ga is a hard hitter, I have the Knoxx stock and it doesn't reduce much of anything. A 20 ga would be better for him most likely. My buddy has a 20 that could kill a turkey at 40 no problem
Romans 8:38-39

Terry

The scope is dialed in to the receiver and barrel. Your zero shouldn't change at all.

bowmike

Thanks guys. Nephew is 9, And I was thinking that the scope wouldn't change.