OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Kick's GT .690 and Federal HW 7's

Started by decoykrvr, February 24, 2014, 11:19:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

decoykrvr

First, I want to say thanks to all for the replys to my previous queries about Federal HW 7's and the "best" patterning choke tube for these shells.  Several of you were emphatic about the Kick's Gobblin Thunder as the hands-down best choice, interestingly, the Kick's GT .690 is on back-order with several of the major suppliers, but I found one at Wing Supply.  I patterned the "new" choke in my NEF Pardner yesterday (70 degrees and breezy) at a lazered 40 yards and was very pleased. My Pardner has a 23" polished barrel w/ a Nikon VSD red dot scope, and a Beartooth raised comb.  The patterns were very even in 20" w/ a 10" core which averaged 202, #7 pellets.  The #7 shot passed completely through a few of the 11/4" metal file clips holding up the target and were still going.  I've purchased 10 boxes of the Federal 10 gauge HW 7's and, based on my results, may need a few more boxes.  One of my Cardinal Rules is, "If you ever find anything you like, you'd better stock up before the SOB's change or discontinue it."  Thanks again.  Craig

Rockhound

I dont know what it is about that particular choke but it loves that shell!