turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Win. LB XR Patterns

Started by Punisher, February 23, 2014, 09:32:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Punisher

I shot these patterns today.  I finally got hold of some Longbeard 3" #6s.  The SX2 is averaging 130/10" with the 3 1/2" #4s and 163/10" with the 3 1/2" #5s.  What do you guys think?

Punisher

I don't know why the stupid pics came out sideways. >:(  In case you can't read the pattern pics, with the 3 1/2" #4 Win. LB XRs I got 131/10" through a 28" Win. SX2 with a Trulock .680.  With the 3 1/2" #5 Win. LB XRs through the SX2, I got 169/10".  Through a 22" Win. 1300 and an IC .660, the 3" #6 Win. LB XRs were 175/10".  These were all at a taped 40 yards.  Temperature was around 48 degrees with a fairly stout wind.

scdxt

Looks good to me. My rem 11-87 is doing right around 170 with 3" 5s. Just kinda weird how the 3.5" in your gun isnt doing more. May need to try a choke or two or try 3". I have seen guns that shot 3 better than 3.5". Your 1300 is right with mine. I think you need to choke the sx2 a little more but thats just my opinion.

Ruger M77

Wow my 870 don't do much better than that with Hevi 13 3-2-7s
I eat therefore I hunt

Punisher

I shot the IC .665 while back with the 3 1/2" #5s in the SX2.  The numbers may have been a tad better, but with the Trulock, the gun shoots pretty well dead on with the bead.  With the IC the gun tends to shoot low.  I really prefer to use my bead if I can get by with it.  Would any of you fellows be afraid to use the #4s averaging 130/10"?

scdxt

Quote from: Punisher on February 24, 2014, 07:40:44 PM
I shot the IC .665 while back with the 3 1/2" #5s in the SX2.  The numbers may have been a tad better, but with the Trulock, the gun shoots pretty well dead on with the bead.  With the IC the gun tends to shoot low.  I really prefer to use my bead if I can get by with it.  Would any of you fellows be afraid to use the #4s averaging 130/10"?
No turkey alive is walking away from 130/10" with any 4...

Xcal1ber

^^ Exactly! The 4's in the Long Beards have impressed me more than the other two. No turkey will live at 40 yards if you are getting 130-140 with those 4's. They will hit like a truck.
He shouldn't ought done'nat........ He dead.

Ruger M77

I eat therefore I hunt

learn2hide

130 with #4 Lead at 40 yards would kill a wildebeest...pretty sure rainbow headed tree chickens would not survive!  Those are great numbers man...good luck :fud:
shoot first, measure spurs later   
Don't miss "The Break" our new outdoor TV show featuring the www.HuntersLink.com team on the Hunt Channel Ch.266 on Dish Network.  All episodes can be seen on Hunt Channel on ROKU and streaming devices and on the website as well...Enjoy and thanks for the support!

surehuntsalot

If I could get #'s like that with #4's,that's all I would ever hunt with and never look back.
talk about rocking a turkey's world
it's not the harvest,it's the chase