OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Turkey Thug waist pack  (Read 21020 times)

Offline squeaky

Re: Turkey Thug waist pack
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2014, 04:51:34 PM »
I bought one of the turkey tug waist packs last year and really like it. My only issue was the waist belt did not want to stay tight so it would eventually loosen and start sliding down. I bought a set of camo suspenders this year I'm going to attach to to prevent it from sliding down my butt. Overall it's a great little pack that keeps me light.

Offline DirtNap647

• Paintbrush Beard
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2014, 07:03:08 AM »
gonna have to check this out

Offline bamagtrdude

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2014, 07:14:05 AM »
gonna have to check this out

Used mine last weekend for the first time, during a youth hunt.  It's definitely an improvement on my old Academy Game Winner pack; many more pockets to carry stuff, and it fits well, doesn't make racket, and the little magnet "snap" closures hung in there; so far, 2 thumbs up from me.  We'll see how well it performs as we get into our season on Saturday.
---
Bama Guitar Dude (bamagtrdude)

Offline JALA Strut

« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2014, 08:44:18 AM »
Nice...I use a waist pack along with a backpack...I attach the waist pack to my backpack with 2 carabiners...when set up, I lay the backpack on the ground next to me...Lots of pocket space and decoys go right into the back pack main compartment.  I have a seat attached to the backpack loop with enough slack that I don't have to unhook the cushion seat to sit.  So, if I have to move quick to adjust for a bird...just grab the loop and on my way.  My waist pack has been getting a bit worn out and I've fixed up a couple holes...time for a new one and this one seems pretty good! Thanks for the review!

Offline 2eagles

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2014, 11:35:20 AM »
I bought one last night.   It was marked down to $10 at my local Wal Mart store.  Lots of clearance items, but nothing else I wanted.

Offline fastford04

• Tiny
Turkey Thug waist pack
« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2014, 02:06:57 PM »
I have one an love it!

Sent from Tiny's iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline deerbasshunter3

• The Boss Gobbler
  • God bless, and happy hunting!
« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2015, 12:16:55 PM »
I bought one this year and loved it. It is a little annoying trying to sit down with it on, but it only takes a second to unbuckle it and set it to the side or in your lap. I hooked my Thermacell on one of the strap loops and it held on great, even walking around. I found the shell loops to be too small for a 12 gauge shell. I was able to get one shell into the middle loop, but no others would fit with a shell already in.

I put my mouth calls in the pocket on my right hip. Easy access and holds them all.

I put my slate in the left pocket.

I put phone, MRE items, water bottle, and tags in larger pocket on front.

I would like to see it exclusively use magnets instead of velcro, but not a major issue.

The one thing I might do before going out to public land this weekend is get a cushion and somehow attach it to the back of the loop. I am thinking I might be able to attach it so that it keeps the strap from loosening up, which does seem to be an issue, although it has yet to slide down my waist.

There is plenty of room for anything you might need in the turkey woods. I even plan to use it for deer hunting this year. I tied to talk myself into getting a vest but cannot justify it after using this waist pack.

Offline SKFOOTER

• Paintbrush Beard
« Reply #22 on: February 04, 2016, 03:21:09 PM »
Does anyone know if this item is still available??

Offline gaswamp

« Reply #23 on: February 04, 2016, 06:43:34 PM »
Does anyone know if this item is still available??

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Mossy-Oak-Turkey-Thugs-16-Pocket-Turkey-Waist-Pack-Mossy-Oak-Obsession/23569693