OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Longbeard Patterns with Sumtoy, SSX and Wrights 870 SM  (Read 7826 times)

Offline ILIKEHEVI-13

• Limbhanger
Re: Longbeard Patterns with Sumtoy, SSX and Wrights 870 SM
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2014, 09:08:52 PM »
Hevi-Shot ain't going anywhere. 

That stuff is still lead. 

Offline darn2ten

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2014, 10:27:52 PM »

That's right, and lead was killing turkeys long before HTL was ever though of with no problem.

Offline ILIKEHEVI-13

• Limbhanger
« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2014, 07:09:12 PM »

That's right, and lead was killing turkeys long before HTL was ever though of with no problem.

That's true. 

But a lot less turkeys have been wounded since Hevi-Shot has been introduced by those that use them, too. 

Offline darn2ten

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2014, 08:37:28 PM »

That's true. 

But a lot less turkeys have been wounded since Hevi-Shot has been introduced by those that use them, too.
I guess I come from a different train of thought. I see no reason to use HTL unless you plan on shooting birds at 50 yds. to begin with. At 40 and in lead will do everything HTL will. I went the way of HTL for a while until I figured out there was really no need in it for me. I was basically throwing money out the window for nothing. So what I'm trying to say is, if your turkey hunting, working the bird into range, and not turkey sniping there should be no reason for wounding birds with lead.