turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

935 3.5 Longbeard #6 ssx choke

Started by turkey buster, February 17, 2014, 08:41:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

turkey buster

Shot the longbeards out the 935 today. I have 4 pictures to show.  The gun has a 24in barrel and I was shooting the 3.5in #6 shells. Choke is the .670 SSX. DISCLAIMER my range finder quit and these are long paces to target and back. WARNING these shells will cause misses and headless turkeys!!!

darn2ten

turkey buster

turkey buster

40 yards (stepped) 295 counted plus wad and unknown amount of #6's where the poa was at (packing tape). I counted these in a 10in x 10in square. I DID NOT counted the unmarked ones in the 16x14 box

turkey buster

30 yards (stepped) 217 counted and some funky shell piece stuck at bottom. This had no poa I was point shooting cardboard to check my gun after it jammed on a 2.75 shell I put in to shoot a squirrel in the back yard real quick lol

turkey buster

25 yards (stepped) jerked it low, kicking 3.5 shells, but got 266 counted plus the wad/shot hole. That's a 12inx11in box. But most of the shot is in a 6x6 box

cphill

If the shot dont kill him the wad will

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2

turkey buster

20 hunting steps (typical shot) 145 countable holes and a massive hole on my poa. That's a 10inx9in square with 6x6 getting the bulk

turkey buster

I'm afraid of some misses lol!! The patterns look a little spectacular to me compared to the more modest  30 yard pattern. But that's what they done

cphill

Hope they come out with a 20 ga load

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2

turkey buster

I'd buy them for a 30-06 if they made them lol!!

turkey buster

I do want to clarify these are good steps like you step something off in the woods and these ain't 10in circles but squares. I shot 3 more at 40 during my fine tuning my sights and they was equally impressive. The 30 yard shot was the least tight but if you will notice the bottom of  the cut out I had a buffer out of the shell that at have effected it, no other shot did that

Heller

Ya shot me excited about patterning my 3" 5s and 6s! If this snow would go away or at least warm up a little I'll be out back seein how mine pattern

turkey buster

pseshooter300

Tater
Thunder Chicken Mafia
This Ain't Hollywood