OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Rhino .690 w/ Fed HW 7's

Started by decoykrvr, February 17, 2014, 02:04:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

decoykrvr

I know that Kick's doesn't advocate the use of HTL, but I've seen the patterns produced w/ a GT .690, and that Rhino discourages the use of their ported tubes w/ the Flitecontrol wad.  Any problems w/ wad stripping and blown patterns w/ a Rhino .690 and Fed HW 7's?  The Rhino choke produces great patterns w/ EM Mag Blends (very even pattern in 20" w/ denser center core, IMO a great killing pattern).  Thanks!!!

Old Gobbler

Many choke companies discourage the use of a flight control wad through their product , especially if its ported - I've seen a few blown up chokes posted up  that the members used with a flight control

I was not aware that rhino discouraged the use of fcw ,one would hardly even know they made turkey chokes if all they had to go by was the info on their website - for what its worth ivecshot box after box of nitro 3 ounce loads in that choke and it held up
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

decoykrvr

Shannon,
I appreciate the response.  I know it's difficult to make comparisons w/ all of the different variables involved, but, with that said, are you seeing a significant difference in the %'s and patterns between the .690 Rhino and Kick's GT .690 w/ the Federal HW 7's.

Rockhound

If you email the kicks company, he WILL tell you the federal heavyweight shells ARE safe with his chokes. He only discourages the use of hevishot

Old Gobbler

I have the rhino 685 ,and  a kicks 690 ,I also have a pure gold 690

The rhino got 181 - this choke shoots most 10 gauge loads awesome

The kicks got 218

The PG got 165

Indian creek makes a 690 and 710 , they strongly recommend you DO NOT shoot fwc through their choke -- they used to say so on their website , but some of the packaging will say nothing of it , but be cautious or at least check with the manufacturer
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

decoykrvr

I sure appreciate the info.  I've got a Kick's GT .690 ordered.