OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Turkey Hunting Fanny Pack?  (Read 12595 times)

Offline SouthernThunder

Turkey Hunting Fanny Pack?
« on: February 15, 2014, 11:41:45 PM »
Any of y'all use a fanny pack instead of a vest? If so which have you found to be the all around best?

If you want to walk the heavenly streets of gold, you gotta know the password, "Roll, tide, roll!"
                                                        -Bear Bryant

Offline Gobblerjim

Turkey Hunting Fanny Pack?
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2014, 01:54:34 AM »
I use a redhead fanny pack. Couple slates, strikers, snacks, TP., etc. I carry my drink inside my gobbler lounger when folded up. Nice light set up.

Offline kevin2

• The Boss Gobbler
Re: Turkey Hunting Fanny Pack?
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2014, 12:54:33 AM »
I'm thinking of getting one for running and gunning in the late season OR hot days.

Was looking at several options the last couple weeks. I shall see how it plays out!

I am going to bag my first Turkey this spring if it is the last thing I do!

Offline R.W. Mackey

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2014, 09:55:24 AM »

There as a similar discussion on here not long ago. Someone put up a pic of the Beard Buster
Belt pouch. I have one I have used for bow hunting for years, great item. Check them out on there website.
  Has just enough room for what you need, but not enough for the kitchen sink. 

Roy
Lone Star Gamecalls
We Talk the Talk

Offline yankeehunter

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2014, 07:29:56 PM »
After going through many fanny packs over the years I decided to purchase a new one for this years deer season. I ended up buying the Alps little bear fanny pack. For the money it is a well made pack. It has plenty of room for all that you will need for hunting. It also has small pouches on the belt thatare great for holding mouth calls. The zippers have loops on them so all you have to do is slide a finger in and pull for quick access. It also has a padded back that makes it comfortable and helps keep the pack in place. It also comes with a shoulder strap if you need it. It comes in handy on long hikes.

Offline memphistiger02

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2014, 09:32:02 AM »
Im new to hunting and I do not have alot of calls. I have enough room in my shirt and pants for my calls but I am worried about carrying water. I am trying to decide between a vest or some type of lumbar pack or something.

Offline kiltman

« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2014, 11:25:26 AM »
 I used a turkey hunting fanny pack last year after it got hot.  It doesn't have as much storage but it sure is cooler.

Offline RutnNStrutn

• Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2014, 11:40:31 AM »
I mainly hunt in FLA and SC, and it gets hot there too! I have a vest, but most of the time I use my Beard Buster Belt, available through Cabelas. Here's what it looks like.

I added a couple of extra pouches to my belt to carry more stuff. I love my belt, and it doesn't get hot!
Here's the link.

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Beard-Buster-Run-and-Gun-Turkey-Belt/1324016.uts

Offline turkey_slayer

• Longbeard
  • SouthWest VA
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2014, 12:16:45 PM »
These are really nice fanny packs. Like it better than the badlands monster fanny.

http://www.tenzingoutdoors.com/tz_1250.php

Offline SKFOOTER

• Paintbrush Beard
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2014, 01:50:03 PM »
Bought a Turkey Thugs turkey fanny pack at Wal Mart a couple of years ago.  Just attach a cushion to it and you're all set.  Beats wearing a vest in warm weather. :OGturkeyhead:

Offline Tail Feathers

• Paintbrush Beard
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2014, 09:33:27 PM »
I saw where Primos is making something similar to the BeardBuster now.
Or was it Mossy Oak?
Whichever it was, I liked the look a bit better.
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

Offline Stoner

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2014, 10:37:21 AM »

I have been using a fanny pack for turkey hunting for years. Actually I am about to wear out my second fanny pack. The one I am using now is made by Whitewater and is specifically designed for turkey hunting. It has worked well, but Whitewater no longer makes this fanny pack so I will have to look elsewhere. I came across the Brossie Shoulder bag the other day that is designed for the turkey hunter and maybe a good alternative. Here is a link:

http://www.brossie.com/shoulder-hunting-bag.html

Midwest Turkey Supply has them too; I saw it in the catalog they sent me but did not see it on their website.

Offline bamagtrdude

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2014, 03:08:20 PM »
I've used an Academy house brand Game Winner camo pack now for several years; it's been very durable, the zippers are quiet, and it's a 7-pocket pack (5 main pockets w/2 extras on the side pockets) and it carries all of my calls (several mouth calls, 2 slates, and 1 box), as well as my gloves, mask, shells, pruning sheers, 3 strikers, crow call, chalk and a gobble call (K&H model).  I even managed to squeeze in one of the big green tube owl hoot calls one time, but decided to hoot w/my mouth instead to save space.  I hunt in AL, so it's typically pretty hot & humid; moved away from vests a long, long time ago.  I bought a lightweight, small camo backpack to carry my decoys & stakes, and put a cushion in the back so when I setup, I'm sitting on top of my backpack.

BTW, just noticed that Primos has a 7-pocket camo hunting fanny pack; Amazon showed it, and it looks pretty nice for turkey hunting...  It's essentially the same thing as my GW pack from Academy...

Hope that helps!

Bama Guitar Dude (bamagtrdude)
« Last Edit: February 21, 2014, 10:57:45 AM by bamagtrdude »
---
Bama Guitar Dude (bamagtrdude)

Offline BlackHunter

« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2019, 12:37:53 AM »
I'm new in hunting and i would like to buy turkey hunting fanny pack , But i don't know where to buy the best one for quality .

If you suggest me a good one i will be more than happy.

Thanks and waiting for your suggestions!!

After some research i find this review helpful https://consumerepic.com/best-hunting-fanny-packs-reviews/
« Last Edit: March 26, 2019, 01:06:32 AM by BlackHunter »

Offline sbbow

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Limbhanger
« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2019, 09:18:52 AM »
These are really nice fanny packs. Like it better than the badlands monster fanny.

http://www.tenzingoutdoors.com/tz_1250.php
X2 I use this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk