OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

got the 535 shooting better

Started by hs strut, February 13, 2014, 11:31:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hs strut

hey yall ive been working on the 535 its shooting much better i tried 3 different shells through the 28'' barrel and 2 different chokes a .670 and a .660 jellyhead. the first is the first is the 3'' longbeard #6s through the .660 had 120 hits in a 10'' circle with 46 kill hits the second is federal 3'' flitecontrols #6s with the 28'' barrel and the .670 had 163 hits in the 10'' with 32 in the kill zone the final is 3.5'' winchester supreme high velocities #5s with the 28'' barrel and the .660 with 183 in a 10'' circle 24 in the kill zone now the pattern for this one is to the left that was my fault not the guns my shooting sticks barrel rest broke as i fired
may god bless the ethical and responsible hunters and to everybody kill a big one.  jerry

R AJ

The first pic appears that you shot LOW as there should be way more than 120 there. It is hard to tell from picture. All will work just get more settled on sight picture so that the pattern center is where you want it.

Glad to see you are getting on track.

djenkins32

drum817

Looks like your getting her dialed in!!!  :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:
"Freedom Has Never Been Free"

hs strut

thanks guys the gun likes the supremes better than anything so there what im stickin with
may god bless the ethical and responsible hunters and to everybody kill a big one.  jerry

owlhoot

Great stuff right there.

183 in the 10  #5 high velocity is kickin butt :z-winnersmiley:

That is shooting great.  The flight controls did great too.
Outstanding patterns :icon_thumright:

tomstopper

hs strut

chatterbox