OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Magblends and a Comp-N-Choke?  (Read 4695 times)

Offline nickp

Magblends and a Comp-N-Choke?
« on: February 12, 2014, 10:51:55 AM »
Hey Guys,

I was wondering if anyone has tried running MagBlends through the .705 Comp-N-Choke on a NEF turkey model?  My dad has one and that choke was fantastic with Win. HV 5's and 6's, but I never tried any HTL shot through it.  I picked up a box of MagBlends to try and almost bought the Federal HW 7's but the lead Federal FCW didn't fly/pattern well through the ported Comp-N-Choke and original TK2 choke.  It threw a beautiful pattern at "open field distance", except that the beautiful pattern had a perfect softball sized circle of nothing in the center ha ha.  But had I flinched, smoke city. 

Offline Red Clay

Re: Magblends and a Comp-N-Choke?
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2014, 03:22:45 PM »
Pattern pictures on the first post, please. I think you should post this in the 10ga turkey guns section.

Offline eddie234

• Longbeard
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2014, 05:15:53 PM »
Comp n chokes aren't made for htl!

Offline nickp

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2014, 06:24:41 PM »
Thanks for the heads up.  Didn't see that when I was looking at the exact choke, but it is there under the turkey tab.  I read from a many of guys that winchester xtended is ok in the 12 ga version and also Nitro's.  Wonder why hevi wouldn't be?  I sure don't think I want to find out though. 

Offline eddie234

• Longbeard
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2014, 09:33:58 PM »
I used the xtended range thru my comp n choke and had good results, then they decided to quit making it. Got a new choke and stocked up on 10 boxes of hevi, then the long beards Xr's come out. Lol I can't win

Offline nickp

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2014, 10:26:06 PM »
Ha ha ain't that the truth.