North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Mossberg 835 24" barrel Long Beard 3.5" #6

Started by Matt81302, February 09, 2014, 02:58:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt81302

41 yards 55 degrees truglo ssx choke first shot 263 in 10" 2nd shot 261

scdxt

I was sitting beside Matt about 30 minutes ago and i still cant believe this. Should have kept my choke Matt haha

Matt81302

Ha, I told you I would sell it back to you. Combo package though, gun comes with it. I still can't believe it. I figured they would shoot good, but never thought they would do that. Time to stock up.

mikejd

WOW!!! I guess Hevi 13 better figure a way to be a bit more competitive on there price or they may be in trouble.

drum817

Those are AMAZING!!!  What's the constriction on the SSX?
"Freedom Has Never Been Free"

SCDieselDawg

I picked up a box of the 3" #6s yesterday to run through the same gun and choke combo. I gotta get to the patterning board to see how big of a difference there is between the 3" and 3.5".

Matt81302

Quote from: drum817 on February 09, 2014, 04:58:36 PM
Those are AMAZING!!!  What's the constriction on the SSX?

I'm not sure. It doesn't say on the choke. I want to say .670, but not for certin. I will text SCDXT and have him comment. I got the choke from him and he may know.

scdxt

drum817

Although there are no "certainties" in patterning and shotgun performance it certainly looks like the long beards like a little tighter choke (with the #6's anyway)!!!  Congrats on your results!!!  :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:
"Freedom Has Never Been Free"

saveallj

strutlife

great pattern. Have to agree with drum817. Thinking the longbeards are liking tighter chokes.

Gold Spur

Woo Pig Sooie!!!

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase

Tail Feathers

I have the same gun and a new IC choke that I'm anxious to try.  I hope I can find some of those rounds to try out.
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

Xcal1ber

Better aim small at 20! Those Long Beards are some tight shooting SOB's! Can't wait to try them hopefully next week with temps getting up to 60 :z-guntootsmiley:
He shouldn't ought done'nat........ He dead.