OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

935 Long Beard

Started by SumToy, February 02, 2014, 09:32:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

klemsontigers7

Quote from: highwaygun on February 15, 2014, 06:53:41 PM
has anyone patterned these against a hard surface like a sheet of plywood or sheet metal to see if the resin isn't making up some of the pattern count. I have seen a bunch of pattern post about this load lately and have seen many funny hole in the patterns. I not hating just asking. I have no horse in the race considering I shot a 10ga with fed hw #7 and nitro straight #7's just a question I wanted to ask.

Highwaygun, there is no way that the resin is making it to the target at 40 yds.  With the density of the resin, if it makes it to the target we should all be shooting #12 sized steel at turkeys.

highwaygun

It was just a ? And for the record I could reload a shell will m&m's and get a pattern on paper at 40 yds it might not be tight but you wouldn't want to be shot with it. If you don't believe search YouTube and see some of the crazy thing people have loaded in shotgun shells and how well the stay together and penetrate. It is not far fetched to think the resin could be making some of the odd holes of different shapes and sizes you See in many of the pics.

Twowithone

Winchester longbeards is some scary stuff duck your heads gobblers. :firefighter:
09-11-01 Some Gave Something. 343 Gave All F.D.N.Y.