OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Shot the Longbeard XRs today...

Started by Hooksnhorns, February 01, 2014, 09:05:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RemingtonRules

Quote from: FttFttVroom! on February 01, 2014, 11:14:43 PM
Quote from: drum817 on February 01, 2014, 09:56:58 PM
GREAT pattern!!!  I Like what I'm seeing out of this shell.  It is a GREAT 40 yard load ....I still personally wouldn't push past 40.

Nor should any ethical hunter......an awesome pattern for lead and looks to be a great substitute for crazy expensive HTL

HTL is meant for yardage, lead has always been good to 40 yards.  Lead loses too much energy beyond 40.  Will never be a performance substitute for HTL.

Hooksnhorns

Quote from: SKFOOTER on February 02, 2014, 10:41:42 AM
Hooks, did you notice any of the wad petals ripped off by the Kick's choke during your patterning session??  I shot the 3 inch #6's yesterday thru my 21" Rem 1187 with a Kick's .655 and one of the 3 wad petals was ripped off halfway.  But it did not seem to affect the pattern.  I got 211 pellets in a 10 inch circle @ 40 yards. :OGturkeyhead:

Naw brother, I didn't notice. I'll pay attn. next time tho.
Don't Tread On Me

Bama turkey hunter

Tony

Hooksnhorns

I'm liking the #s I got, jus don't like the " holes" in it. I may be crazy, but I'm thinkin of tryin another choke to see if I can get better coverage w/ bout the same numbers. I tried a tru glo gsx .665 ( I think), and it sucked. I'm thinkin sumtoy has these shells figured out. May try one of his in .660 or something close. What y'all think?
Don't Tread On Me

drum817

Quote from: Hooksnhorns on February 02, 2014, 05:31:49 PM
I'm thinkin sumtoy has these shells figured out. May try one of his in .660 or something close. What y'all think?

I think that's a GREAT idea!!!  :icon_thumright: :you_rock: :icon_thumright:
"Freedom Has Never Been Free"

Gobble!

they are impressive for lead without a doubt.

Ky Gobbler

Great pattern. I also have an 870 super mag with a kick's .665, I hope I can get these same results.  :)

Hooksnhorns

Quote from: Ky Gobbler on February 12, 2014, 04:18:08 PM
Great pattern. I also have an 870 super mag with a kick's .665, I hope I can get these same results.  :)

I hope that .665 does even better for ya. Maybe yours will have better coverage than mine. Mine has some holes in it. That .665 oughta like the 5s. Good luck brother, and be sure to post up the pattern pics.
Don't Tread On Me

Gold Spur

Very good pattern. If you want to tweak your pattern a bit, William can help you out. :icon_thumright:
Woo Pig Sooie!!!

tomstopper

nickp

My 870 Express put very similar numbers up. Fantastic lead load. Smashes out to 40 and then some!

Gobble!