OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Browning BPS

Started by cgarner1, March 11, 2011, 10:33:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deerpoo22

Had one in 10 gauge. Beautiful gun had engraved turkeys on one side and I think geese on the other. Once you get used to the bottom ejection there's no going back imo

243kid

SSX worked best for me

BrowningGuy88

I've got a 20 gauge Medallion that's engraved on both sides and a high gloss blue. It's quite a fine dove and rabbit gun. I've never taken it in the turkey woods and probably never will.

I could gladly hunt the rest of my days with a 24 or 26" barrel BPS 20 gauge.

RED NECK

Quote from: deerpoo22 on April 24, 2018, 09:28:30 PM
Had one in 10 gauge. Beautiful gun had engraved turkeys on one side and I think geese on the other. Once you get used to the bottom ejection there's no going back imo
I had the same gun in black and black synthetic stock,I kicked my butt for selling it.
Browning'...."The Best There Is"

Austin 3:16...........

WildTigerTrout

I own a BPS "Stalker" 10 ga. with a 24" barrel.  I bought it new in 2002.  It came from the factory with installed Hi-Viz FO open sights, sling studs and Browning's X-Full turkey choke. This was before Browning teamed up with the NWTF. and started offering the same thing in a camo finish instead of matte blue steel.  It was only offered that way for a short time.  I live in Pa. but my gun dealer found one for me in Alabama.  It was called a "Turkey Special".  Killed some birds with it too.  It mows them down but is REALLY heavy. 
Deer see you and think you are a stump. The Old Gobbler sees a stump and thinks it is YOU!

deerpoo22

Quote from: WildTigerTrout on April 25, 2018, 10:18:26 PM
I own a BPS "Stalker" 10 ga. with a 24" barrel.  I bought it new in 2002.  It came from the factory with installed Hi-Viz FO open sights, sling studs and Browning's X-Full turkey choke. This was before Browning teamed up with the NWTF. and started offering the same thing in a camo finish instead of matte blue steel.  It was only offered that way for a short time.  I live in Pa. but my gun dealer found one for me in Alabama.  It was called a "Turkey Special".  Killed some birds with it too.  It mows them down but is REALLY heavy.
The weight is exactly why I sold mine. I'm young and in excellent shape and figured the extra 2-3 pounds over a 12 would be nothing, but holy moly even after a few short miles it wears you down fast.

Sasha and Abby

I've got one in Upland Special with the 22" barrel.  With a Carlson .660 it is devastating on birds.  I used to use it exclusively 20 years ago and started carrying it again this year every day.  I forgot what a wonderful little thumper it is...  my new (old) favorite gun again... 

sixbird

A buddy has a BPS. It's maybe 15 years old. Shoots about any ammo well but it's HEAVY. He uses the standard factory choke and it shoots Winchester Longbeards REALLY tight, almost too tight.
It's a good gun but I wouldn't want to lug it around all day...

Snoodsniper

The BPS is a straight up turkey slayer. I'll die with mine. It's a little hefty but this one went on a little wieght loss program. If you're a limp wrist you might wanna stick to something flimsier. Lol