OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Browning BPS

Started by cgarner1, March 11, 2011, 10:33:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cgarner1

Does anyone on here use a Browning BPS? what kind of results do you have with the gun?

SumToy

Do you have a invector or invector plus gun. 
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

cgarner1

I was looking in to getting one. I justed wanted some reviews or pics on here would be nice and helpful

SumToy

The invector plus guns will put up big numbers but the BPS will kick  :TrainWreck1: lol

I like the invector plus because I have found they will shoot about anything you put in them. :anim_25:
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

kwil13

I bought an NWTF BPS last december and love it, smoothest pump shotgun I've ever owned, patterned it with the factory x-full turkey choke and wasn't impressed but will try again with an Indian Creek .665 and Hevi-13 2oz 6s sunday afternoon.
Courage is being scared to death and saddling up anyway.........John Wayne
Support NWTF
Support Delta Waterfowl

Odessa

I like Browning BPS shotguns, they are very smooth.  This will be my second season hunting with the BPS NWTF in the picture above.  I also tried the Browning turkey tube that came with the gun and switched to a Pure Gold .670.  I just patterned the BPS/Pure Gold combo with Hevi-Shot 12 gauge, 3", 2 oz., Magnum Blend loads this past week.  I am getting 145 shot in a 10" circle and 230 shot in a 15" circle at 40 yards.  That is about the right pattern as far as I am concerned; I want to be able to take a closer shot without being so tight I miss the bird.  The gun does kick.  I plan to install one of the aftermarket "slick-finish" cheekpads (similar to the cheekpad on the Benelli Comfortech stock) on my BPS stock - my cheek "sticks" to the Dura-Touch finish and gets hammered.  I also plan to obtain one of Gobbler74's Burris FFII/sight protector packages after the season to replace the HiViz it came with - no time to mess with a change this year.

Ps Welcome to the Old Gobbler websight - lot's of good info and plenty of opinions available here!
"I admire a good turkey hunter chiefly because such a man displays qualities that we usually associate with pioneer America-patience, enthusiasm, woodcraft, game sense, and a quiet hardihood undaunted by rain, by cold, by long tough miles, by disappointment."
Archibald Rutledge

Quax

My browning gold with inv plus does best with just plane Hastings chokes

Huntdux

I've had a 12 ga 3.5" for years and I've also got a 20 ga.  I bought the Browning X-full choke and shot some lead through it and it didn't shoot good.  Bought an IC for the 20 and Hevi 6s and it far outshot the 12.  I'm sure IC+Hevi in the 12 would be really good but I can't say.  I'm a big believer in the BPS all around and I haven't noticed much kick since they're pretty hefty.  At least 8 lbs on the 12 and 7 on the 20.  They're smooth though and they don't malfunction in my experience.

R AJ

I have a12 and 20.The 12 has one invector and one inv+ bbl. Th einv+ is 22" and I have shot a Carlson 655 and now a Sum Toy choke in it.

They are well built guns and I like them. Th e20 ga has some really good patterns.

dawgfrombama

I've had mine since 2005.  Its the NWTF version and I love it.  The only thing I've changed was the choke.  I put a Kicks GT and shoot Win. XTended Rang Hi-density No.6's and have pretty good patters.  I like mine to be a little more open and not to tight.  I've killed birds at 12 yds all the way out to 47yds.  I'm the type that likes to keep shots 35yds and below.  The next turkey gun I buy will be a Browning BPS.  Like some of the earlier post....they are smooth operating and very reliable.

RED NECK

It's my favorite shotgun ever built for turkey hunting,I have been hunting with mine for 7 years,this will be it's 8th season and I have the "nwtf" 3.5" and it loves winchester supreme #5's and long beard xr #5's in 3.5" with the .675 kicks gobblin' thunder choke.I have shot 14 out of the 15 toms I have killed with it with fiber optic sights but I shot a tom with a bushnell circle x scope on it in 2016,this year I was going to shoot the fiber optics but purchased a reflex sight last week, and it arrived today.I am taking it this evening and patterning it and seeing if the sight will hold up to 3.5" long beards.This gun will be in my hands this wednesday for opening morning.It really is "The Showstopper"
Browning'...."The Best There Is"

Austin 3:16...........

RED NECK

It took 3 target loads to get reflex sight dialed in,then it took 1 long beard #5 3.5" shell to dial pattern in 100%,I then fired 6 more long beards at 20-40-60 yards to make sure the reflex sight held zero and it did,I am really starting to like these reflex sights with the circle/red or green reticles.My shoulder is a little sore this evening,It was a little sore from the last two days as I patterned 6 other shotguns and my muzzleloading barrel for my tc encore.
Browning'...."The Best There Is"

Austin 3:16...........

Big Jeremy

They're nice shotguns. Whether you get one, or go another route, you need to contact William, Sumtoy that posted earlier, and get a choke from him...best chokes in the biz.

Deast1988

Have a standard bps 28in 3in bps. Added a .665 IC running 2.25oz #9 tss it does 390s Same gun does 280s with 3in 2oz #7 hevi Shot.

stinkpickle

I have a 26", 3", 12ga Stalker that I've used for the last 17 years.  It's been a fantastic gun, although a little heavy.  My latest choke/shell combination is a Pure Gold .670 and H13 3/2/6s and 3/2/7s, interchangeably.  I didn't count holes, though.