OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

sxp and Winchester longbeards

Started by bigbird, January 31, 2014, 02:43:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigbird

I shot two choke tubes today for my son. The first was an Indian Creek but the point of impact was a lot lower than the point of aim. the second was a kicks goblin Thunder,and the patterns weren't quite as good but the point of aim point of impact was a lot better so I'm going with the kicks for him. I've never cared about how many pallets going to ten inch circle this is the way I've always patterned  my guns, always work for me I just shoot a turkey targets so here's what I've got to show you.

SKFOOTER

bigbird

Twowithone

What size shot, and how many yds away were you. :firefighter:
09-11-01 Some Gave Something. 343 Gave All F.D.N.Y.

bigbird

It's on the targets, but 40 yds #4's and #6's pattern 3inch shells, I can't believe how well the #4's patern. It might not be great to some but it's the best I've shot with 4's

drum817

Both patterns look pretty good, but to me it looks like you might be shooting a touch low.
"Freedom Has Never Been Free"

sevetts

You'd be crazy not to hunt with those 4s and the indian creek! I love that pattern of 4s! That will really hurt em!

SCDieselDawg

Try a bigger target to get a idea where the densest part of your pattern is.

learn2hide

if that's 40 yards i would expect more on target but at the same time your pics show a small portion of the pellet hits...just my opinion I'd rather shoot a little low than a little high, hopefully you can adjust that so it's right on.  Good luck to you and your son
shoot first, measure spurs later   
Don't miss "The Break" our new outdoor TV show featuring the www.HuntersLink.com team on the Hunt Channel Ch.266 on Dish Network.  All episodes can be seen on Hunt Channel on ROKU and streaming devices and on the website as well...Enjoy and thanks for the support!

chatterbox

As much as I hate Winchesters marketing ploy with these shells, they truly have made it possible to get excellent pattern density with #4 lead!
Good luck to you and your son this spring!

SumToy

This has turned out to be a good shell.  Now I have not had the chance to test it so I could say yes or no chokes.   Now in the Past the Kick's choke has worked well in the Browning/Winchester guns.

I know I tested a 670 in A5 and that seem to be the place that shell wants to be.  So I think you fine with set up just shoot some junk shells at 50 ft or so to check the poa/poi :anim_25:
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

bigbird

I had them on a bigger piece, it does shoot low but the indian creek tube shot really low! Anyone else that has shot an indian creek tube noticed that too? I've got a SBE II with an ic tube and it shot really low. It's my sons gun and Santa just brought it this past christmas. He uses it for everything from waterfowl to turkey's so without putting optics on it it'll be what it is.

learn2hide

my IC choke tests all shot away from other chokes POI...very wierd
shoot first, measure spurs later   
Don't miss "The Break" our new outdoor TV show featuring the www.HuntersLink.com team on the Hunt Channel Ch.266 on Dish Network.  All episodes can be seen on Hunt Channel on ROKU and streaming devices and on the website as well...Enjoy and thanks for the support!