Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Any last minutes purchases

Started by Moore, January 30, 2014, 07:49:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Moore

Myself I need to get some new boots for this year.
[

harvester

I'm gonna get a couple more mouth calls and might end up getting a David halloran pot call.

Rokhal07

More mouthcalls and a thermacell refill for fla for me

gobblinfever

Nothing better than turkey huntin

Moore

Dustin  what are you thinking the mistress
Quote from: Rokhal07 on January 30, 2014, 09:28:16 PM
More mouthcalls and a thermacell refill for fla for me
Thanks that remind me to pick a new thermacell  up.
[

Rokhal07

Cant go wrong w em. Doggone mosquitos

ElkTurkMan

I just picked up a Russell Beard long box.  It's Alaskan yellow cedar, with a  red cedar top from GA.  I'll post  apic later, it absolutely sings.

gobblinfever

Nothing better than turkey huntin

Moore

[

theghost_03

I was pretty excited last spring when I got the new Avian X decoys, after one season of hunting however, they began to fall apart on me.  So I am hoping I can get Scheels to allow me to return the decoys as the seals on the bottom sides of the decoys both gave out on me.  I am leaning towards biting the bullet and purchasing the DSDecoys and hope they keep me happy.  Also just got on with gobblerdown pot calls out of South Carolina as a Pro Staffer for them this spring.  I am a big mouth call and pot call guy so I am excited to give them a try here this spring. :gobble:
"In the spring we STRUT, and in the fall we RUT"
GOBBLER DOWN CUSTOM CALLS

harvester

Quote from: theghost_03 on February 01, 2014, 10:42:02 AM
I was pretty excited last spring when I got the new Avian X decoys, after one season of hunting however, they began to fall apart on me.  So I am hoping I can get Scheels to allow me to return the decoys as the seals on the bottom sides of the decoys both gave out on me.  I am leaning towards biting the bullet and purchasing the DSDecoys and hope they keep me happy.  Also just got on with gobblerdown pot calls out of South Carolina as a Pro Staffer for them this spring.  I am a big mouth call and pot call guy so I am excited to give them a try here this spring. :gobble:

Congrats on the pro staff deal, he is a good guy to deal with. I think I got "the Call Girl" from him a couple years ago.

Moore

I was also thinking of getting one of those avain decoys what is your guys thoughts
[

Redfish

I bought the Avian X breeder hen last year and hunted with it several times. The turkeys seemed to like it and it held up well for me. I just pulled it out and filled it with air and it seems fine and ready for another season.
John 3:16

harvester

I don't fool with decoys anymore. I have them but don't use them. I have had more bad luck with them than good. They're just taking up space now.

Ricochet

Mouth calls (already got them), new Remington Versa Max Sportsman special purpose turkey in MO Obsession (ordered) and I need new rubber boots for my Lowcountry swamps.
-JP
Is it turkey season yet? I love the sound of thunder chickens in the morning...