North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Spring Trips??

Started by theghost_03, January 30, 2014, 06:50:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

theghost_03

Hey guys,

I was going through some of my pictures from this past winter and while out on a deer hunting trip to one of my spots I go every spring, I came across a picture I forgot I took.  The area I was at we watched easily, 1,000 birds roost in a 100 yd spot of Oaks.  Anyways, I came across a bunch of spots where some big boys with some impressive ropes were dragging.  Here is one of the pics, just had to share it!  Gets me pumped everytime I look at it, just hoping the white stuff is gone by then!

"In the spring we STRUT, and in the fall we RUT"
GOBBLER DOWN CUSTOM CALLS

theghost_03

I think some guys discussed already where they were heading this spring, but I am gonna be taking off for Florida in March, this may change as far as this hunt goes.  Got three separate trips lined up for So Dak, hunting here in MN of course, and I would sure love to squeeze one more in to Neb or Kansas possibly.
"In the spring we STRUT, and in the fall we RUT"
GOBBLER DOWN CUSTOM CALLS

Rokhal07

Nice pic. I cant wait til Mar 15.

harvester

I'm just gonna stay in Tn. Might venture to Eastern Ky if everything gets worked out.
You all got some nice trips planned.

Moore

dustin you going out to dans.
[

Moore

t_eagen13, ElkTurkMan ,ricochet and myself are going out to Wy and Sd  and I'll be hunting here in MN as well
[

harvester

Quote from: Moore on January 30, 2014, 07:37:53 PM
dustin you going out to dans.

No. Gonna try the eastern side if I go.

mfd1027

Man, you guys have all kinds of nice trips planned.   I wish I could get away.   I've sold out all of my hunts except a couple of slots for the last wk. end so I'll be in Ky for the entire season.   

That's an awesome picture of the beard drag marks.  I can't imagine that many birds in one place.  It must sound like a turkey farm when they light up.   You have to be a great caller getting to listen to that many birds. lol   You need to be knitting sweaters for those birds so they don't freeze them ropes off!! 

It sounds like we got us a couple of ringers when we picked you guys up.   I can't wait to start reading some of the stories I know you guys are going to post.

Dan 
Dan

gobblinfever

I'll be headed to southern Mississippi in march. :-)
Nothing better than turkey huntin

Ricochet

GA and WY/SD and of course SC.
-JP
Is it turkey season yet? I love the sound of thunder chickens in the morning...