Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Stoeger 3500 with sumtoy. 650 3 1/2" #6 win longbeard xr

Started by 243wssmfreak, January 28, 2014, 11:25:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

243wssmfreak

Thanks to sumtoy you make an awesome choke there is no comparison!!!!

Bama turkey hunter

Tony

drum817

"Freedom Has Never Been Free"

Bama turkey hunter

Tony

kevin2

I just got off the phone with William at SumToy, and he put my choke in the machine to get it started as we were on the phone talking! I'll be ready for the opener next month! Got me some #6s at Gander Mt today as well, so I'm in the game!

Quote from: SumToy on January 29, 2014, 08:41:02 AM
WoW.  Thanks for this post/test.  I had not got to try them out this choke.  I did try the 4's and was thinking it would work good in the smaller bore guns.  I learn just as much from you guys as you learn from me.
I am going to bag my first Turkey this spring if it is the last thing I do!

Mike Honcho

Just out of curiosity is your barrel polished on your 3500?   I'm going to range Saturday with mine...with 3.5" Longbeard 6's.   All I have for chokes is a Comp N Choke XXX .650 and  Ballistic Specialties Angle Port .650....anxious to see how they do.  I replaced barrel last year with a 24" and need to polish it before I go out.

tomstopper

243wssmfreak

Quote from: Mike Honcho on March 13, 2014, 04:24:46 PM
Just out of curiosity is your barrel polished on your 3500?   I'm going to range Saturday with mine...with 3.5" Longbeard 6's.   All I have for chokes is a Comp N Choke XXX .650 and  Ballistic Specialties Angle Port .650....anxious to see how they do.  I replaced barrel last year with a 24" and need to polish it before I go out.
nope just a factory gun i also tried a 656good hevishot choke with 3&1/2" mag blends and got 298 in a 10" circle at 40the yds as well let me know how yours does good luck!!!

albrubacker

I would only do a deep clean. The 3500 has a chrome lined barrel.
The addiction will cost you time and money and alienate those close to you. I can give you the names of a dozen addicts — myself included — whose wives begin to get their hackles up a week before turkey season starts and stay mad until a week after it closes.

—Charlie Elliott

Snake reaper

Should see his 20 yard pattern. Almost 1 big hole.