turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Stoeger 3500 with sumtoy. 650 3 1/2" #6 win longbeard xr

Started by 243wssmfreak, January 28, 2014, 11:25:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

243wssmfreak

My 40yd pattern with the new Winchester longbeard xr 3 1/2" #6 shot out of my stoeger 3500 with a sumtoy
650 choke. I got 244 pellets in a 10" circle guess that'll do the job on those thunder chickens..... come on march!!!

Philippe

gagamegetter

Gold Spur

Woo Pig Sooie!!!

SumToy

WoW.  Thanks for this post/test.  I had not got to try them out this choke.  I did try the 4's and was thinking it would work good in the smaller bore guns.  I learn just as much from you guys as you learn from me. 
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

R AJ

Unless you were indoors the temps couldn't have been that great unless you were in South America maybe.

So if warmer temps produce tighter patterns is it possible for a 300 pattern of #6 lead at 40 yards? 225+ #5s or 160 + #4s?  We'll see as winter passes into more favorable temperatures.

What a super pattern distribution. You have er licked and thanks for sharing.

reynolds243

deerpoo22

Twowithone

09-11-01 Some Gave Something. 343 Gave All F.D.N.Y.

Hooksnhorns

That's stout!! I can't wait to try some 3-1/2" 5s outta my 23" 870 SM w/ a .655 kicks gt. If it don't work w/ that , I'm gon have to holler at sumtoy. Only thing is, I'm gon have to shoot it off a bag like a rifle. But only w/ one hand. I had shoulder surgery Friday. Good thing God made dumb people tuff.  :goofball: :TrainWreck1:
Don't Tread On Me

drum817

"Freedom Has Never Been Free"

SCDieselDawg

Xcal1ber

That is incredible!!! A man would be very very hard pressed to find a gun/choke combo to throw those numbers with Hevi-Shot 3.5" 6's. Even though a lot less Hevi 6's would still be just as good due to their knock down power, it makes you wonder what it would be like if Hevi-Shot had that shot lok technology at their disposal.
He shouldn't ought done'nat........ He dead.

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase

knightrider