turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Member check-in

Started by JellyHead Key, January 27, 2014, 10:18:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spurshooternc

Thanks for letting on the team and looking forward to putting up some numbers soon...

I live just outside Raleigh NC since 1994.  Here in NC we are issued two tags and we start April 12.  My weapon of choice is my bow but for this contest this year I am going to use my Mossberg 3 1/2 935 with a Rhino choke, Nitro Ammo, and tru glo sight.  I have been hunting turkeys since getting out of the military in 1991.  Since then I have shot easily over 100 turkeys and close to 50 longbeards.  I have several full body mounts and need only my Osceola to finish my grand slam. I plan on going to Mexico in couple of years once I get all the details down on a good hunt..  This year I  will be hunting in Nebraska, NC, NY, WV, and if lucky in Florida.  Well good luck to everyone and looking forward to reading the stories and seeing some dead bird pics soon...    I love to go on turkey hunting trips so if anyone wants to go or would like to have a new turkey hunting buddy send me a message...  I am always looking for someone to go on these trips.. Its boring going on a turkey hunting trip alone.. No one to tell the story at the end of the day....lol...
Have bow will travel......

JellyHead Key

Quote from: spurshooternc on January 29, 2014, 03:26:40 PM
Thanks for letting on the team and looking forward to putting up some numbers soon...

I live just outside Raleigh NC since 1994.  Here in NC we are issued two tags and we start April 12.  My weapon of choice is my bow but for this contest this year I am going to use my Mossberg 3 1/2 935 with a Rhino choke, Nitro Ammo, and tru glo sight.  I have been hunting turkeys since getting out of the military in 1991.  Since then I have shot easily over 100 turkeys and close to 50 longbeards.  I have several full body mounts and need only my Osceola to finish my grand slam. I plan on going to Mexico in couple of years once I get all the details down on a good hunt..  This year I  will be hunting in Nebraska, NC, NY, WV, and if lucky in Florida.  Well good luck to everyone and looking forward to reading the stories and seeing some dead bird pics soon...    I love to go on turkey hunting trips so if anyone wants to go or would like to have a new turkey hunting buddy send me a message...  I am always looking for someone to go on these trips.. Its boring going on a turkey hunting trip alone.. No one to tell the story at the end of the day....lol...

Hey man I live in Sanford NC, about 30 miles South of Raleigh. Id love to travel and go on some hunting trips so we can make that happen. I'm rather new to turkey hunting so ill kinda let you show me the ropes but It would be nice to share some hunting experiences with some new friends on here. PM me and we will discuss some stuff

BigGobbler

bowmike

Hey all I got the invite to the team and decided to join. Thanks for the invite.

I am a die hard outdoorsman. I live in SWPA and have turkeys behind my house all the time. I got the bird flue last year and became helplessly addicted. I have always been flyfishing during turkey season but now cant even think of missing  day in the woods. I got my first bird last year, and continued to go out with a tag just for practice. I have been scouting while grouse hunting and my lab has been flushing a few big flocks of 20 or more. I am out to get the one from last year I called in on June 11 on a practice hunt. He looked to be a solid 3 year old and hope to hear him gobbling behind the house soon.

I bought my second tag about a month ago, so I will not have to worry about practice hunts. :) I plan on only shooting full fan birds. I will be taking out my newly upgraded 870. Really love this type of hunting and cant wait to get out again.

Thanks again for the invite and hope to add some birds for our team. :turkey2:

bowhunter2k9

Will here from alabama, gonna kick start it again for us on march 15th.

I was here last year on the team and plan on killing a few.

Rem 870/jh/hevi #6's
Romans 8:38-39

Terry

Looks like we have a good bunch of turkey killers here.

BigGobbler

Glad to be on the team! Looking foward to getting after some gobblers and learning something new. I have killed a couple gobblers but learn something new everytime i hunt them. Who else on the team is from central Florida? Anyone going to get started early and hunt the south zone or anyone going to hunt Florida?

FttFttVroom!

Just checking in, maybe a bit late??  If not, happy to help the team out again with another big ole Rio.  Welcome to all the new team members!

870 Supermag (newly camo dipped in tru-timber)
Hevi Choke
Hevi 7's and Magblends

Let me know if I'm too late and I'll be happy to hunt for team ME this spring and I'll be rooting for y'all

willy8457

As far a I can tell everbody checked in but Mossy 535, I'll try to Pm him later today

Mossy535

Quote from: BigGobbler on February 01, 2014, 07:36:26 PM
Glad to be on the team! Looking foward to getting after some gobblers and learning something new. I have killed a couple gobblers but learn something new everytime i hunt them. Who else on the team is from central Florida? Anyone going to get started early and hunt the south zone or anyone going to hunt Florida?

Hey BigGobbler,

I'm from Palm Harbor. I've got a quota hunt at Chassahowitzka, and my son has a youth hunt at Baird. Other than that, I'll be trying to pick up additional quotas as they're returned, or hunting any relatively close public land with an open season.

Mark

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
"How many times da I have to tell ya...the right tool for the right job!" - Scotty

"I don't think you understand, these boys killed my dog"- Bob Lee Swagger

BigGobbler

Quote from: Mossy535 on February 18, 2014, 11:49:53 PM

Quote from: BigGobbler on February 01, 2014, 07:36:26 PM
Hey mark glad you picked up some permits! Me and the boys did not get any good permits but we picked up some leftover for Ocala We hunted Baird youth last year and had gobblers located but could not seal the deal they had hens with them every morning I will send you some locations when I get a chance.
Hey BigGobbler,

I'm from Palm Harbor. I've got a quota hunt at Chassahowitzka, and my son has a youth hunt at Baird. Other than that, I'll be trying to pick up additional quotas as they're returned, or hunting any relatively close public land with an open season.

Mark

Mossy535

That would be appreciated BigGobbler, as right now I'm flying blind with respect to Baird. Looks like it'll be the weekend before opening when I can get over there to scout.

"How many times da I have to tell ya...the right tool for the right job!" - Scotty

"I don't think you understand, these boys killed my dog"- Bob Lee Swagger