turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Member check-in

Started by JellyHead Key, January 27, 2014, 10:18:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JellyHead Key

Just wanted to say Hey! Glad to be a part of the team, hope everyone stays active and we can all fellowship and share our hunting stories! Just going to list a few questions so we can get to know each other better!

-Where is everyone from?
-How many tags are you issued /  when does your season start?
-Your weapon / choke / load / sights
-Years of experience / turkeys killed

JellyHead Key

-Where is everyone from?
-How many tags are you issued /  when does your season start?
-Your weapon / choke / load / sights
-Years of experience / turkeys killed

I'll go ahead and start

- North Carolina
- (2) tags / April 10th
- Mossberg 835 / Jelly Head / Hevi 13 3-2-7 / Bushnell TRS-25
- First year turkey hunting / zero birds

I joined a hunting club that's loaded with Turkeys so my experience won't set us back, trust me! Lol. I'm committed to being a successful hunter.

Terry

Hello! Glad to be part of the team.

-NY/ maybe PA
-May 1st opener
-2/ maybe 4
- Rem 870 supermag, 23" barrel, Hevi-13 choke, Hevi-13 3-1/2" 2oz #7's
-20 years and 20+ kills

eddie234

Quote from: JellyHead Key on January 27, 2014, 10:18:48 PM

-Where is everyone from? WV
-How many tags are you issued / 2  when does your season start? 4/28
-Your weapon / choke / load / sights winchester 1300, 12ga, hevi shot 2oz 3" #6, hevi shot choke
-Years of experience / turkeys killed this will be my sixth year and have taken three birds
Im 48 year old a police Lt. From northern panhandle of the great state of WV. I work a good bit and am only able to hunt locally, I try to burn as many vacation days as I can during turkey season. My twitter feed is @edvogler glad to meet you all and thanks for having me.
Sent from my ZTE-Z990G using Tapatalk 2

makova

Hey guys
I was a member of this team for the last three years, as well as 9 others that i was talking to about putting it back together, are we still part of the team or was it taken over?
mike

JellyHead Key

Quote from: makova on January 28, 2014, 11:23:07 AM
Hey guys
I was a member of this team for the last three years, as well as 9 others that i was talking to about putting it back together, are we still part of the team or was it taken over?
mike

I'm all for the original members joining back up. I was asked to join by Willy but I think it's only right TJ have some originals on the team. Contact them and get em on here! I believe we have 5 openings left. What's the link to your banner? I don't have it to put in my signature

kyhareraiser

Hello  Team Assassins, I'm honored to be added to the team. I also was  asked if I'd like to be part of the Eastern Assassins . I am humbled and I accepted the position.
I am from Ky
we can take 2 birds
not sure on opener yet/ usually may

I have hunted turkey for several years , killed quite a few and I've been fooled quite a few too.
I look forward to helping our team take out birds until we are tops. hopefully we along with all the other teams have great seasons( ours just a little bit better????)

JellyHead Key

Quote from: kyhareraiser on January 28, 2014, 02:38:39 PM
Hello  Team Assassins, I'm honored to be added to the team. I also was  asked if I'd like to be part of the Eastern Assassins . I am humbled and I accepted the position.
I am from Ky
we can take 2 birds
not sure on opener yet/ usually may

I have hunted turkey for several years , killed quite a few and I've been fooled quite a few too.
I look forward to helping our team take out birds until we are tops. hopefully we along with all the other teams have great seasons( ours just a little bit better????)

Awesome! Great to meet ya! Hope we all have a great season together and make some new hunting buddies and share our stories with each other after every hunt. We all become better hunters being on a team learning from each other.

Terry

Hey guys
mike

I was under the impression that Willy was having trouble getting the original team members to confirm. If it comes down to it, I will resign from the team if one of the original members needs a spot. I don't want to push someone out of a spot.

JellyHead Key

Quote from: Terry on January 28, 2014, 03:54:06 PM
Hey guys
mike

I was under the impression that Willy was having trouble getting the original team members to confirm. If it comes down to it, I will resign from the team if one of the original members needs a spot. I don't want to push someone out of a spot.

Well at the moment, we have 5 openings right now so if he has more than 5 originals wanting to come back ill step down as well. Not trying to take over someone else's team. But right now Terry, we are good to stay until the originals make up their mind.

makova

no one jump ship yet, i passed all the contacts i have for the old team to willy and lets see what happens, willy and big gobbler and i were the only ones trying to get the team together.
mike

Terry

Ok, I will stay put for now

willy8457

Looks like we have a full team now.  I hope i didn't step on anybodys toes. AS far as I know the 12 guys will be willy8457,makova,old gobbler,terry,jellyhead key,eddie234,mossy535,Kylongspur88,
Kyhareraiser Bowmike,SpurshooterNC,Bowhunter2k9.  I will get ahold of Makova and see about getting the Banner posted up. Hope everthing is ok with everbody and i am looking forward Being on the team with you guys.

Terry

Kylongspur88

Hi all. My names John, I'm a lawyer in Kentucky.

Season opens second Saturday in April, I think the 12th this year?

We get 2 tags.

I've been hunting turkeys since I was 14, and on my own since I was 16. I'm 31 now and I don't really know how many I've killed. Counting fall hens probably in the 15+ range.

My main gun is an 870 super mag with a rem super full choke. I either shoot hevi #6 or lead 4's if I'm in the thick stuff.

I hunt both private and public ground. I just go where the birds are cooperative.

Good luck to all this spring.