OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: 10 gauge slugs  (Read 1734 times)

Offline the Ward

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Double Beard
10 gauge slugs
« on: January 24, 2014, 06:29:45 PM »
Naw, not going to shoot a turkey with one, lol! Just wondering if anyone has and what kind of accuracy I could expect. I had shot a few many years ago from my old bps 10, but I don't remember how they did. I  DO remember the recoil, however. Probably would have been less painful to have called mike Tyson a sissy girl. My current bps 10 project is stalled due to the sub-artic temps we have here in New Siberia(no heat in the garage)So I figured I'd play on the computer where it's warmer.        :fire:

Offline Old Gobbler

• Administrator
  • Long Spur Gobbler
Re: 10 gauge slugs
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2014, 08:42:16 AM »
I used some 10ga slugs before  , but it was for point blank hog control , nothing past 30 yards -- The results were devestating
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

Offline the Ward

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Double Beard
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2014, 09:25:02 AM »
 I can only imagine!Toying with the idea of trying them.Thought of using it for fall turkey then swapping chokes and use it for deer with the slugs.I live in ohio and our firearm season is shotgun/slug only(pistol and muzzleloader legal as well)Might have to shoot a few when the weather breaks.Thanks for the reply!.....     ward

Offline 4nolz2

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2014, 04:42:08 PM »
I have shot deer with a scoped sp-10 and slugs with devastating results(2oz slug).At 100 yards easily 4-5" groups.