OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: what mouth diaphram do you guys like the best  (Read 7362 times)

Offline Pressured Gobbler

what mouth diaphram do you guys like the best
« on: January 21, 2014, 02:32:35 PM »
I've tried a lot from MAD, Bud&bettys, wood haven, quaker boy :TooFunny:, knight&harold...

I prob like cris parrish mouth calls the best...

which one do you guys like the best just curious thinking about trying another brand...

Offline jblackburn

• Paintbrush Beard
    • Gooserbat Game Calls
Re: what mouth diaphram do you guys like the best
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2014, 02:42:49 PM »
you're going to get a ton of answers to this, but I'll go ahead and mention Gooserbat calls, Sam builds very easy to use calls and is  meticulous about his stretch consistency.

To be honest, mouth call preference is like talking best trucks, bows, shotguns . . . we all have our preferences!  My advice is to get a few calls from a variety of makers, there are a bunch on this forum, and see what you like.  If your like me, you might not be able to use "walmart" calls after using good quality custom calls!

Good luck!
Gooserbat Games Calls Staff Member

www.gooserbatcalls.com

Genesis 27:3 - Now then, get your weapons—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

Offline eddie234

• Longbeard
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2014, 03:09:45 PM »
My goto calls are gobblers choice(Martin Bros.) Spring hen, woodhaven's copperhead and Quaker boy's screaming boss hen.

Sent from my ZTE-Z990G using Tapatalk 2

Offline Uchee creek gobblers

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2014, 06:42:02 PM »
Tom teasers have always been my go to call. Butt naked hen is a great all around call. Also the 2.5 reed cutter.
ALABAMA NOGGIN' KNOCKER

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2014, 06:50:55 PM »
you're going to get a ton of answers to this, but I'll go ahead and mention Gooserbat calls, Sam builds very easy to use calls and is  meticulous about his stretch consistency.

To be honest, mouth call preference is like talking best trucks, bows, shotguns . . . we all have our preferences!  My advice is to get a few calls from a variety of makers, there are a bunch on this forum, and see what you like.  If your like me, you might not be able to use "walmart" calls after using good quality custom calls!

Good luck!

I've been turkey hunting since 1993 and have killed my fare share of 3 year+ older gobblers... just asking a question... Ive prob got 30 different mouth calls in packaging sittin in my huntin room right now im just always thinking of buying and trying something new that all

Offline Devastator

• Longbeard
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2014, 08:07:41 PM »
HOOKS

Offline duckaholic25

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2014, 08:15:14 PM »
Not to hijack the thread but I have a question. I have many mouth calls that posters on here like and most of them when I blow them are really raspy. Cuttin they sound great but the yelps are too raspy. Any advise on what I'm doing wrong.

Offline jblackburn

• Paintbrush Beard
    • Gooserbat Game Calls
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2014, 09:26:11 PM »

Good luck!

I've been turkey hunting since 1993 and have killed my fare share of 3 year+ older gobblers... just asking a question... Ive prob got 30 different mouth calls in packaging sittin in my huntin room right now im just always thinking of buying and trying something new that all

I did not mean for that post to be negative and I certainly was not questioning your ability, my apologies!  I was just meaning that this can be a Ford vs Chevy thread! 
Gooserbat Games Calls Staff Member

www.gooserbatcalls.com

Genesis 27:3 - Now then, get your weapons—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

Offline Spring Creek Calls

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
  • Spring Creek Turkey Calls
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2014, 09:51:51 PM »
Not to hijack the thread but I have a question. I have many mouth calls that posters on here like and most of them when I blow them are really raspy. Cuttin they sound great but the yelps are too raspy. Any advise on what I'm doing wrong.

Try a ghost cut call or a 2 reed call with no cuts. Can get that sweet young hen.
2014  SE Call Makers Short Box 2nd Place
2017  Buckeye Challenge Long Box 5th Place
2018  Mountain State Short Box 2nd Place
2019  Mountain State Short Box 1st Place
2019  NWTF Great Lakes Scratch Box 4th Place
2020 NWTF GNCC Amateur 5th Place Box
2021 Mountain State 3rd Place Short Box
2021 SE Callmakers 1st & 2nd Short Box
E-mail: gobblez@aol.com

Offline Mountainburd

« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2014, 11:29:39 PM »
Top calls and zink.

Offline SCGobbler

• Ya can't fix stupid!
Legacy
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2014, 11:53:09 PM »
Right now I like Legacy Game Calls.  William Terry is a local boy and makes a top notch call.

http://www.legacycalls.com/

Sent from my Windows Lumia 920 using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: January 22, 2014, 12:05:56 PM by SCGobbler »
The SC Gobbler

Some men are mere hunters; others are turkey hunters.
                    —Archibald Rutledge

« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2014, 06:04:10 AM »

Good luck!

I did not mean for that post to be negative and I certainly was not questioning your ability, my apologies!  I was just meaning that this can be a Ford vs Chevy thread!

No prob. I'm getting cabin fever and need to get in the woods lol

Offline Devastator

• Longbeard
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2014, 06:17:28 AM »
In the Calling,and Calling contest section look for the thread by scott ellis,Scott Ellis the high front end.It will help you alot.

Offline wvcurlytop

« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2014, 10:25:53 AM »
I've spent a small fortune over the years buying and trying mouthcalls.  I couldn't go into a store that sold them and not buy one.  And for the most part I was disappointed and ended up trashing them.  Overall, I like the Hook's exe and exe II with the bigger tape. 

Offline SCGobbler

• Ya can't fix stupid!
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2014, 11:55:22 AM »
Woodhaven makes a nice call as well.

I really try and stay away from production calls, but there are some good ones out there.

I like Quaker Boy diaphragms but I don't like the mean green latex, for my liking, Primos latex is too thin.  I like Woodhaven, some of the DnD calls, etc...
The SC Gobbler

Some men are mere hunters; others are turkey hunters.
                    —Archibald Rutledge