OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Call pouch

Started by Uchee creek gobblers, January 21, 2014, 06:54:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Uchee creek gobblers

Who makes the best pot call pouches. Starting to get a few and definitely need something!
ALABAMA NOGGIN' KNOCKER

Hoosier2

I just picked up the primos hooks call case. Holds up to 8 calls. Can be worn on the neck or strapped to your thigh. It closes and held close via magnet. I think it looks neat. I'm gonna give it a try. Bought it off amazon.

Skeeterbait

Just a pouch to put each call in for protection?  I use black neoprene fly reel pouches for this.  I also use Woodhaven Surface Savers on the calls that they will fit on.

dirtnap

I don't know who makes the best.  I have 4 or 5 that I think are HS Strut.  Camoflauge with a zipper.  Holds 2 calls apiece if you cram them in there.  They do their job.  They were fairly cheap when I bought them.   
Quote from: Skeeterbait on January 21, 2014, 07:36:16 PM
Just a pouch to put each call in for protection?  I use black neoprene fly reel pouches for this.  I also use Woodhaven Surface Savers on the calls that they will fit on.
I also use the lid savers.

WV Ridge Reaper

A empty skoal can

Sent from West By God Virginia.

Uchee creek gobblers

I don't think my pot calls will fit in a skoal can lol I jus got an hs strut case but the pads on the inside are a little rough almost like scotch brite and was worried bout scuffing my wood. I also got a bottomland ol tom treasure chest.
ALABAMA NOGGIN' KNOCKER

WV Ridge Reaper

Didn't realize we was talking about pot calls lol!!

I got some covers,somewhat like you just said with what appears to be scotch brite on the inside..I don't use them tho.

Sent from West By God Virginia.

Cut*N*Run

Quote from: dirtnap on January 22, 2014, 04:33:56 PM
I don't know who makes the best.  I have 4 or 5 that I think are HS Strut.  Camoflauge with a zipper.  Holds 2 calls apiece if you cram them in there.  They do their job.  They were fairly cheap when I bought them.

Yep, those are from HS. They're a little bulky, but work really well.

eddie234

How many you going to carry? I normally have 4: crystal, alum, slate and ceramic. Two go in outside pot pouches and two go in an inside pocket. A couple strikers for each.

Sent from my ZTE-Z990G using Tapatalk 2

WillowRidgeCalls

Quote from: Uchee creek gobblers on January 22, 2014, 07:40:37 PM
I don't think my pot calls will fit in a skoal can lol I jus got an hs strut case but the pads on the inside are a little rough almost like scotch brite and was worried bout scuffing my wood. I also got a bottomland ol tom treasure chest.
The Ol Tom treasure chest are great if your a traveling hunter, because you can carry a few extra calls along in case you break one, or loose one and it keeps everything sorted so you can find what you need. Just put your spare calls in a sandwitch bag and slide them into the call holders, it keeps them dry and protected. If it's a call that's used a lot, put a good coat of wax on it to keep it looking pretty. One of the biggest mistakes most hunters make is they lug way more stuff out into the woods than you could ever use in three months of hunting, the less you drag around the better, learn how to call and what calls to use and you'll be a much better hunter!!
Wisconsin Turkey and Turkey Hunting Pro-Staff
Scott

drenalinld

This is my favorite for pot call and 2 to three strikers. They are hard to find and a little pricey.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pouch-for-Slate-Turkey-Call-Camo-/171223608689?pt=US_Game_Calls&hash=item27ddb8ed71

TNhunterKMC

The best and cheapest is to find yourself a camo foam can coozie.  All my pot calls ride in one inside my vest.

Drthorn

after a recent accident of a call getting chipped in my vest, I will be putting my pots in socks to keep them some what cushioned. I simply cut a thick sock in half and drop the pot in the "toe end" to store. hopefully this will help